Button configuration question (Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus Gamespeak related)

-cerberus-

Button configuration question (Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus Gamespeak related)

Post by -cerberus- »

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to say that Xpadder is a wonderful program and I'm very thankful to Jonathan for developing it.

On to my question. I recently bought a PS1 era childhood favourite of mine on GoodOldGames.com, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. As much as I enjoyed revisiting this wonderful game, I wasn't entirely pleased with the control scheme I chose using an Xbox 360 Wired controller. I tried to stay as close to the original PS1 control scheme as possible with the d-pad for movement, the face buttons for standard actions (jump, use etc.) and d-pad + shoulder buttons to sneak or run.
In this game, communication with NPCs is crucial. To do so, 8 different commands are at the player's disposition (see image below). For the PC version these commands are mapped to the keyboard's numeric pad; 1 for “Hi”, 2 for “Here Boy!”, and so on and so forth. Which, in turn, have been mapped by me to the left and right analog stick directions. While this control scheme does work, it's not very accurate because of the stick's sensitivity. I realize of course that this can be remedied by adjusting the sensitivity, I suppose, but I'd much rather use the 360 controller's left bumper & trigger in combination with the face buttons to execute said commands. Just like in the PS1 original.

So, in short, how to I program Xpadder to recognize LB+Y as 1, LT+X as 2, etc.?

Kind regards,

-cerberus-

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Button configuration question (Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus Gamespeak related)

Post by Primal Fear »

You only need to assign a While Held Set Selector, each leading to a own Set, to LB and LT.

-cerberus-

Re: Button configuration question (Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus Gamespeak related)

Post by -cerberus- »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

EDIT: Thank you! It works swell! :)

Return to “Other questions”