Audio Interfering with Key Presses

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Audio Interfering with Key Presses

Post by Jonathan »

Just received this message via email:
I currently use an Xbox Headset through the Xbox 360 controller whilst running Xpadder 5.7 and it appears that any sound, whether it's music from iTunes or Voice Chat from Skype, that comes through the headset seems to stimulate keypresses in Xpadder. When Xpadder is closed, everthing works entirely as normal. When Xpadder is open and there is Audio travelling through the controller to the headset, I can see the buttons flashing in the Xpadder interface, indicating that the buttons are being pressed.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Audio Interfering with Key Presses

Post by Primal Fear »

I had "played" with the headset connector some time ago. I had connected a microphone from a headset, simply because it has a fitting connector. It was working and I didn't recognize such an problem.
I will try it again and check if it is causing any problems. But my first guess would be that something on the controller is working wrong.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Audio Interfering with Key Presses

Post by Primal Fear »

With the microphone connected I can use the microphone itself and send audio to the controller. Of course I cannot hear the audio as there is no speaker of any kind connected. I have tested this with all three of my Xinput compatible controllers and this problem didn't occur.
But this doesn't really proof that it should normally work correctly, because I don't have a speaker connected and because all my controllers are wired (the problem may only occur with wireless controllers).

What I don't like about this, is using the Xbox360 headset as a normal headphone. It is intended for voice chat only and louder and fast sound from games or music may overtax the cheap sound chip in the controller.

Return to “Other questions”