Distance Walk Toggle for WoW

za269e

Distance Walk Toggle for WoW

Post by za269e »

Ok I have looked and I might be a bit confused; if you happen to know the answer let me know.

In WoW; Walk is toggled with one key. Its either on or off. What I was trying to do is set up a distance zone with the joystick:

My logic is
Distance between 1-50% toggle Walk button (]) and move forward (w)
Distance greater than 50% toggle Walk button (]) and move forward (w)

Essentially walk is off by default (or it can be on by default, there is no "run" key) and moving between the distance zone will walk the character, after you surpass the distance zone you will run the character.
Ive tried a couple different things and I feel that I am really not getting it to work. Am I missing something?

(p.s. sorry if this is a repost, )

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Distance Walk Toggle for WoW

Post by Primal Fear »

For only two different movement speeds I've had a solution with Cycle Stops and the Turbo, but I cannot find the topic anymore. I will figure this out again or see if I can find the profile and post it tomorrow or at least at Monday.

za269e

Post by za269e »

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it; Ive been looking everywhere for this.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Here is the profile, if something shouldn't work as intended than let me know:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.31
Set1Stick1UpSlots=TAP TIME 0.03s,Right Square Bracket,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Right Square Bracket,CYCLE STOP,TAP TIME 0.04s,W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,TAP TIME 0.03s,W,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.04s,W,PAUSE 0.00s,Right Square Bracket,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,TAP TIME 0.02s,W,CYCLE STOP,TAP TIME 0.03s,PAUSE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Right Square Bracket,W,CYCLE STOP,PAUSE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,TAP TIME 0.04s,W
Set1Stick1UpTurbo=1
Set1Stick1UpTurboRate=3
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
It works only for forward, as otherwise the different direction would conflict each other.
To implement that into your existing profile (without recreating this complicated assignment manually), read this tutorial.

Return to “Other questions”