Razer Onza/Sabertooth, mapping extra buttons

Shadow_dragyn

Razer Onza/Sabertooth, mapping extra buttons

Post by Shadow_dragyn »

The Razer Onza and Sabertooth are XBox 360 controller, so I know they'll work with XPadder. But they have extra buttons that I'm curious about. Ordinarily you are only meant to map these buttons to other buttons already on the controller, so you can reach those controls from a different position for whatever reason.
But if the controller is used on a PC with XPadder, is it possible to map these extra buttons to something entirely separate? Or are they always limited to simply copying the mapping of another button on the controller.
The Sabertooth for example has 6 extra buttons. Could this, with XPadder, grant 22 total possible keys? (16+6)
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-control ... abertooth/

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Razer Onza/Sabertooth, mapping extra buttons

Post by Primal Fear »

As additional buttons would outside of the Xinput standards, I'm sure that you can only program them directly on the controller.
The only thing you could try is disabling "Use Xinput (if installed)" in the Xpadder settings, but my guess would be that Razor didn't made the effort to make these additional buttons work individually under DirectInput. The mayor disadvantage would also probably be the the triggers wouldn't work independently from each other anymore as they share one axis. At least this is how it works on the original Xbox360pad although it would be possible differently.

Return to “Other questions”