[Feature Request] putting Rumble into Sequences

newalhovd

[Feature Request] putting Rumble into Sequences

Post by newalhovd »

I think that putting Rumble into Sequences would be a good feature to add to Xpadder.

As far as I can tell, Rumble is simply an on/off feature at the moment (either a button has rumble attached to it or it doesn't), which doesn't allow for a lot of customization when it comes to Rumble.

Certain games might benefit from being able to Rumble into sequences. For example:

Slot 1: Release Zone 0:01
Slot 2: Left Mouse Button
Slot 3: Release Zone 0:50
Slot 4: Hold Zone 0:51
Slot 5: Left Mouse Button
Slot 6: Rumble (50/50)

In this case, pressing the key would click the left mouse button. Holding the key for more than 0:50 seconds would both hold the left mouse button and cause Rumble to kick in (50% rumble intensity on left, 50% rumble intensity on right).
[In this specific example, I'm thinking of making a Power Attack in Skyrim. Quick attacks wouldn't trigger rumble, but holding down the button for a Power Attack would cause Rumble.]

Putting Rumble into sequences would not only allow customization like this, but would also allow people to customize the intensity of the Rumble at different times. For example, you could make a sequence that has a lower-intensity rumble from 0:01 to 0:20 seconds, and a higher-intensity rumble from 0:21 to 0:75 seconds.

I think quite a few games would benefit from this feature, so I hope it gets considered for the next version of Xpadder.

Return to “Other questions”