Xbox 360 controller triggers

frozendeth

Xbox 360 controller triggers

Post by frozendeth »

Just purchased this program and am trying to setup my first controller profile and have run into 2 problems. First Im not sure how I would go about doing this, but I want the ABXY buttons to be 1234 and if I hold down the left trigger have them be 5678 untill I let go and then they go back to 1234. Second to look around in the game it requires me to hold the right mouse button down and then move the mouse, how would I set that to the right stick. Thanks in advance.

Jesse

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xbox 360 controller triggers

Post by SGTCableDog »

frozendeth wrote:I want the ABXY buttons to be 1234 and if I hold down the left trigger have them be 5678 untill I let go and then they go back to 1234.
Assign buttons A, B, X, and Y to [1],[2],[3], and [4]. Then assign the left trigger to select set two while held by right clicking the trigger and follow from the menu; Set selector>Selects set 2>While held. Now choose set two by clicking the set 2 button on the bottom of the main Xpadder window. You'll notice that the left trigger already has the required set assignment. Go ahead and assign buttons to [5],[6],[7], and [8]. Go back to set one and you'll notice that when you pull the left trigger the buttons assignment will change.
frozendeth wrote:Second to look around in the game it requires me to hold the right mouse button down and then move the mouse, how would I set that to the right stick.
Assign mouse movement to the stick by clicking the group assignment button to the lower right side of the stick controls, it looks like a wrench in a circle. Choose Mouse-Normal from the menu. Next you will need to click on a direction of the stick, for example up to open its Assignement window, it looks like a keyboard. In the lower right corner of this window is an Advanced button, click this to open the Advanced assignment window. Click the Insert button to add a slot before the mouse direction slot and go back to the Assignment window, do not close the Advanced assignment window. Click the right mouse button to add that assignment to the newly inserted slot. Close the Assignment window, the Advanced window will also close. Repeat for the remaining directions of the stick.

krhall007

Post by krhall007 »

Just trying to make Logitech F310 work with Allied Assault on PC which is why I bought Logitech and couldn't get that to work right so got the Xpadder download but still having configuration problems. the Left Joystick is fine. Can not get the "fire" button to work as "Single Fire", once it is pressed once, it just automatically fires and reloads etc etc. Can not get other configurations correct. Seems like alot of work.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you mean you want to fire only one single shot, no matter how long you hold the trigger?
In this case click in the Assignment Window on "Advanced" (lower right edge).
Add here either a Pause behind left mouse click to turn it into a Sequence (tap LMB->Pause->nothing) or and 0.10 Hold Zone (as long trigger is hold "first 0.09 seconds LMB->nothing").

If your problem is that shooting is still active although you already have released the trigger, then your trigger most likely doesn't go back to zero properly. Click the tool symbol near the right trigger in the Xpadder main window.
On the right should stay a small green bar after releasing the trigger. If so, move the slider for the Dead Zone to the right until the bar is completely red.
You will have to configure this value for every new profile again, except you change the "Default Trigger DeadZone" to this value. You'll find it in the Xpadder settings (tool symbol on the upper right edge) under "Values".

Return to “Other questions”