[SOLVED] Xpadder now doing double action on SOME keys

Masek

[SOLVED] Xpadder now doing double action on SOME keys

Post by Masek »

I don't know what magic word or magic button I pushed, but now when using Xpadder I get double strokes. So far, it only does it when hitting Dpad LEFT or RIGHT, but not UP and DOWN - emulating arrow keys. Also does it when hitting A on the pad which emulates Enter. Also does it for analog stick LEFT or RIGHT emulating arrow keys.

I'm not sure what I changed to make this happen. But it was working fine 10 minutes ago. I went in to make a change to two of the profiles, and then boom. I only rearranged some keys and added a key set. I am using SOME programs that do have controller support, but those programs I created an empty profile for already. Also, they were working fine 10 minutes ago, and why does it not do it for all keys? :cry:

It is an XBOX360 controller. Using Xinput or not does not matter. I rebooted the machine, restarted xpadder and all other programs being used. The programs involved are WMC7, Steam Big Picture, HyperLaunch(in background), and PCSX2. The double action starts with media center, where A is performed twice. When opening up big picture, A(enter) is performed twice, as well as LEFT and RIGHT on the Dpad.

The last thing I did before this problem was to swap the X and B and Y and A buttons in the media center profile. I did not touch the Dpad buttons. I then created a Set for the PCSX2 profile - but it has not been opened since. I am using AutoProfiles, and it has been working fine the last week. Could it be corrupted profiles?

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Masek on 12 Jan 2014, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder now doing double action on SOME keys

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you activate the turbo function for the buttons (the see by a pink bar on top of the buttons in the Xpadder main window)?

Masek

Re: Xpadder now doing double action on SOME keys

Post by Masek »

Nope, I checked that. I'm going to delete all of my profiles and start from scratch and see what happens.

Actually, before I do that. I just tested again without media center and Steam open at the same time. Steam is the only one with the double action and it is now doing it with ALL keys. I don't understand, did Steam all the sudden become cognizant of having controller support?!? I have an AutoProfile for it that is blank and that does not seem to matter now.

Ok, I solved the problem. Sorry, lack of sleep and all that. Xpadder was not launching the blank Steam profile because I forgot that I moved the Steam directory 10 minutes ago, and neglected to update the AutoProfile. :oops:

Thanks!

Return to “Other questions”