Using eight directions with XBox 360 Pad...I don't know how!

cesc_999

Using eight directions with XBox 360 Pad...I don't know how!

Post by cesc_999 »

I try to play to the first Soul Reaver and other games like Torchlight and Torchlight 2, but I have a great problem and I didn't find the solution to solve it. In that game is very important have the possibility to move your character in eight directions with the left stick of the gamepad, but I don't know how I can solve this problem. I have no problem to move my character forward, down, left and right, but I cannot move in diagonal because I don't know how to configure XPadder in this way.

I have found a partial solution: use the bottons A, B, X and Y of the 360 gamepad, but it's not funny and I prefer to use the left stick to move my character. Thanks for your attention, I hope for an answer!

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using eight directions with XBox 360 Pad...I don't know how!

Post by Oke_Doke »

Setting the analog stick to 8 way with out manually assigning directions to the diagonals will cause the problem you describe.

If the game is controlled with wsad or arrows there are default configurations for this.

In Xpadder's main window, click the tool icon next to the analog stick and pick either standard "W,S,A,D" or "Arrows" from the context menu.

Return to “Other questions”