Completely Stuck!!

nhalksworth

Completely Stuck!!

Post by nhalksworth »

Hi

I just bought Xpadder becaus my Saitek p480 pad wouldnt work with Dirt 2 (It works fine with GTAIV for eg). I am trying to create a layout but when I click "new" the screen that is supposed to come up only flashes on for a second. On the xpadder main screen the top left icon is red and flashes occasionally and I just can't get past it haha. I click new and the "controller settings" screen loads up but just for a second and won't stay on. I can go to settings and under controller my pad is shown so I think it must be recognising it.

Any ideas or need more information I would appreciate it?

Thanks
Nick

EDIT - It's whenever the pad is connected that this happens. If I unplug it I can get to the next screen but then I can't configure it I don't think. Getting stressed so going to bed haha please help

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Completely Stuck!!

Post by SGTCableDog »

If the tab at the top left is red then Xpadder is seeing the controller as disconnected. If you click on this tab when it is white then Xpadders Controller Properties window will open showing the raw controller data as reported by Windows. If you have Windows Game Controllers control panel applet open at the same time as Xpadder does your controller show as connected when Xpadders tab is red? If you open the controllers properties does the test tab still work?

nhalksworth

Post by nhalksworth »

Hi, thanks for your response.

The red tab occasionally flashes white for a second. Similarly, when I have windows game controllers open it shows the controller status as ok but it is also flashing on and off (in tune with the red tab in xpadder). Properties in windows game controllers will not load and if i keep clicking it the program crashes and has to be closed.

I really want to fix this and if you have any ideas it would be great but for now I'm going to blame Vista and buy Windows 7 and a steering wheel haha.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

I don't remember the red tab flashing? Is this because Xpadder sees it as disconnected then all of a sudden sees it as connected (which would be why it would flash red and white)? I might be going out on a limb here but it maybe possible your controller has a really bad connection to your computer. Have you tried using another USB port? Could be the physical connection.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I think M is right. This sounds like a loose connection - either the USB port or the controller wire itself. If a different USB port doesn't fix the problem then try using your controller with a friend's PC. Check their Windows Game Controllers control panel and see if the controller keeps connecting and disconnecting. If it does then kick it out the window (your controller not your friend's PC :D )

Return to “Other questions”