I want to use my controller as a mouse- but need xpadder off for certain programs- how can I do this

mattdawson75

I want to use my controller as a mouse- but need xpadder off for certain programs- how can I do this

Post by mattdawson75 »

So to use my controller as a mouse for windows, for my desktop, for my start screen (windows 8 ), the only way I know of doing this is to make a profile, then use autoprofile to make this my default setting.

In other words, when no programs are running, or a program not already on my autoprofile list isnt running, this default layout will be activated.

That sounds great right? Perfect for browsing.

Unfortunately this presents a serious problem. I have 100s of games, and I need xpadder deactivated for them, so the game will use its inherent controller compatibility, not xpadders default layout.

Sure, I could set autoprofile to do a blank layout for a game, which would allow the game to see my controller and function properly.

But I would have to make an auto profile for 100s of games.

Im thinking there is an easier way to do this.

I initially thought I could make an auto profile just for when browsing the desktop, but that doesnt seem possible (its not an option in auto profile, it only lists actual programs).

So, any advice?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I want to use my controller as a mouse- but need xpadder off for certain programs- how can I do

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder can find the Explorer.exe. It works for the Start Menu, the Desktop and of course the Explorer itself. I'm not sure about the Windows8 start screen but it theoretically also covers the login screen, I would expect that it also works for the start screen.

mattdawson75

Re: I want to use my controller as a mouse- but need xpadder off for certain programs- how can I do

Post by mattdawson75 »

Thank you Primal Fear!!!! You just saved me countless hours of unneeded work, thank you! :mrgreen:

Return to “Other questions”