PS3 Controller

mikemiker

PS3 Controller

Post by mikemiker »

Hi,
I've tried to make a setup for my Sixaxis and everthing worked fine until I had to detect the triggers.
The programm said that there are no analog triggers.
Is there any solution for my problem?

so long

P.S. I'm using the "libUSB" driver which I've found in another forum.

Chr1s
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS3 Controller

Post by Chr1s »

I believe the current PS3 controller drivers treat the triggers as buttons. Try setting them up as buttons.

jidz

Post by jidz »

or follow the install process from my forum post. it works 100% better than libUSB

http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24

dickie

Post by dickie »

hi, @I have been through everything on this site and a bunch of other sites yet still can't get the controller to work. I am using x64 vista. I have gotten to the point of having the computer find the ps3 controller in control pannels, I select properties and it will highlight the Dpad and other buttons being pressed. It will not show any movement on the Dpad at all. I then load up the DS3 tool and select the 3rd setting but this does nothing. I get an error message after I close the program. I also get an error message if I try to use the 'pair' option. I've deleted everything and started again only to come up with the same problems after following the guides to a T.

Also Xpadded doesn't detect my controller. E.g. when seetting it up I go to the 'buttons' tab and it doesnt do anything when i press the buttons. Please can you help.

dickie

Post by dickie »

when I say It wont show any movement on the dpad I mean analog stick.

dickie

Post by dickie »

One more thing, I just got an error message 'controllersettingscan thread failed to stop' after I quit Xpadder. Don't know if that will help.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

dickie wrote:One more thing, I just got an error message 'controllersettingscan thread failed to stop' after I quit Xpadder. Don't know if that will help.
This is a bug that is now fixed in v5.5 (still being tested).

mikemiker

Post by mikemiker »

@jidz
THX, I'll try it as soon as I'm back from holidays in your beautiful country.

so long

dickie

Post by dickie »

Jonathan wrote:
dickie wrote:One more thing, I just got an error message 'controllersettingscan thread failed to stop' after I quit Xpadder. Don't know if that will help.
This is a bug that is now fixed in v5.5 (still being tested).
but basically I'm screwed on everything else? :P

Return to “Other questions”