Request: Switching X and Y axis of the analog sticks (GoldenEye)

disallowautoaim

Request: Switching X and Y axis of the analog sticks (GoldenEye)

Post by disallowautoaim »

Hi,

Xpadder is a great program and I've been using it to play GoldenEye for the N64. If anyone played it you may remember that it has a slightly odd control system but with a bit of tweaking between the emu and Xpadder you can change its controls so that it runs like a normal FPS. The problem I have is that when you get into a tank the control system changes again and here is where the problem lies.

I know you can set up a new set selection and switch it there, however my movement settings are set to the axis of the analog sticks. . The movement of the tank is controlled by Stick 2 and the aiming is controlled by Stick 1. This is the opposite for controlling Bond himself. But then I hit a brick wall between the emu and Xpadder, because if I instead assign keypresses to the axis I will lose the sensitivity the analog sticks have with aiming.

So to fix this I'd like an option to switch the analog sticks. So that moving Stick 1 in the X axis would actually change Stick 2's X axis value, this setup would need to be localized to the current set selection so that it would have the ability to switch back to normal. I don't think that it should be too much of a problem to implement but I understand that it is an incredibility specific request that most people may never use. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read my request! http://xpadder.com/forum4/:mrgreen:

Return to “Other questions”