How to a sign a key from my KB to a button from my gamepad?

Sylver Cheetah 53

How to a sign a key from my KB to a button from my gamepad?

Post by Sylver Cheetah 53 »

Hi!

I reed the tutorial, but to be honnest, it did not help me. I have to put a picture, paint my buttons and a lot of strange useles stuff, but there is nothing about what I need.
I just want to put shift in Button 7? How to do that? Please, tell me the easyest way, I don't want to waste all my life for one thing that should be very very easy.

Thanks!

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How to a sign a key from my KB to a button from my gamepad?

Post by SGTCableDog »

You first create a controller layout (tutorial three), this is only done once and allows you to have something to make assignments to. After you have a layout created you can now click on the different buttons and sticks to assign key presses and mouse movements (tutorial four). When you click on the buttons the Assignment window appears that has a virtual keyboard and mouse with which you can click on to make an assignment. These assignments are saved as a profile which you make one for each game or program you would to use Xpadder with.

This forum is for questions for potential buyer of Xpadder. If you need more detailed help in setting up Xpadder please post in the Help forum.

Sylver Cheetah 53

Post by Sylver Cheetah 53 »

Hi and thanks for the reply!

I camed as far as this: http://i50.tinypic.com/hsq6bp.jpg (copy link into browser!)
After that, it's this: http://i50.tinypic.com/4lt1jm.jpg
It gives me a cercle. Why? It says Push/ Stick 1/ Left. What are those? What do I do with them?
I do not know if my gamepad is analog or dpad or whatever... Can you please point me to a more detailed tutorial?

I'm a phpBB codder, I am definelty not a computer newbie, but I have to say, this is by far, the hardest and non-intuitive program I have ever seen. To be honnest, it is very disapointing.
Why not something simple like push gamepad button, now push keayboard key you want to asign, now click OK. Done! Why so sofisticated? I just can't use it...

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Those shots are of creating the controller layout which is covered by tutorial three. Since Xpadder supports any controller that Windows sees in its Game Controller control panel it doesn't know which axis is associated with which stick and which button is associated with its DirectX input. You can move these elements around to match the physical layout of the controller. Not to repeat my previous post but it is only done once. Once you complete this step you will be able to simply click a button and type a key to make an assignment. You then save these assignments to a profile. One profile for each game or program you want to use Xpadder with.

I'm moving this topic to the help forum.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Setting up the control layout is the easiest thing to do in Xpadder. You say your not a computer noob yet you can't figure this out? Its so simple. Sorry but just follow the tutorials, it is really very easy. When it says push stick 1 left. Do simply that... push stick 1 left! It will then tell you to push stick 1 up. Push it up and continue to stick 2. Keep going through the process to complete the Controller layout.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

While creating a controller layout is easy it doesn't look easy because of all the options.
Most of them do not need to be visible though and are only for tweaking for advanced users.

In v5.8 I will be adding "Advanced Options" checkboxes or something similar to hide all unnecesssary options such the axis lists.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

That is a terrific idea. Maybe the advanced options are grayed (greyed :?: ) out but visible with a check box to enable editing.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I think this needs a new suggestion topic... done :D

Return to “Other questions”