Problems with Land Of The Dead and Max Payne 1

stevil

Problems with Land Of The Dead and Max Payne 1

Post by stevil »

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but I did a search on the forum and couldn't find anything. I'm not new to xpadder, as I've had it for awhile now and it's been a godsend for most of my older games without controller support. I've literally made dozens of my own profiles for a bunch of different games and haven't had any issues till recently. But there are 2 games I can't seem to get it to work with, and those games are Land Of The Dead and Max Payne. For whatever reason i can't do anything in these games, not even move the mouse around. I've tested Day Of The Zombie (essentially the sequel to Land Of The Dead, using the same engine I'm guessing) as well as Max Payne 2 and both games work with xpadder 100%. But for whatever reason Land Of The Dead and Max Payne just don't want to work. Any idea what the problem might be and what I might need to do to fix it?
Thank you.

-Stevil

EDIT: Alright, it's been months now trying to get these games to work with a controller and I just figured out what the problem was. Figured I'd edit the post in case someone else is having similar problems. Basically, I was running these games in windows xp compatibility mode. Apparently xpadder doesn't work with a game when it's in compatibility mode, so I just had to turn that option off to fix the problem. Now I can enjoy all of my games with a controller :).

A big thank you to the people (person) that made xpadder. Fantastic program!

Return to “Other questions”