How Do I Delete A Profile

jjetsky

How Do I Delete A Profile

Post by jjetsky »

It's been several years since I've used Xpadder, so I am having to relearn everything. I've got most of the basics down, but not this.

I was trying out several profiles, neither of which worked, but they are stuck in the profiles. I'd like to get them out of there and start over.

How do I delete/uninstall a profile?

Thanks, JJ

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How Do I Delete A Profile

Post by Mobeeuz »

As far as actually deleting the game profile? When you go to load it (not from Recent), right click, delete. Removing it from the Recent files list requires either deleting them from the INI under the Controller[Controller Number]Recent[1-4]= or just loading other profiles until they disappear. If you are talking about Controller Profiles, best to save the good one, delete the others through explorer, then rename the xpadder.ini file. Start xpadder again and load your working profile for your controller. If something goes wrong you can restore the INI you renamed.

jjetsky

Post by jjetsky »

Thank you for the response, Mobeeuz.

I'm not sure I understand your instructions. I did a screenshot of the area where the profiles are so my original post would be clear.

ETA: I found the profiles in the .ini, is that the correct way to delete these profiles?

jjetsky

Post by jjetsky »

Ok, I just gave up. I tried everything but standing on my ear and finally decided I was spinning wheels. I deleted the new version of Xpadder I downloaded the other day and got a new copy today to start over. Oddly enough, I didn't get a copy of the .ini file with it, I have no idea why. *sigh*

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

INI is automatically generated, xpadder doesn't come with one. From your screenshot, it's the recent profile list you are trying to get rid of. This is a history list of what profiles you have loaded, they will be replaced automatically as you load more profiles.

jjetsky

Post by jjetsky »

Oh good, thanks for that info, Mobeeuz.

Return to “Other questions”