Saitek Cyborg Rumble

spen25

Saitek Cyborg Rumble

Post by spen25 »

Hi all, hope I'm not being a pest. Just went out and looked for the baddest gamepad I could find, so I ended up buying the SAITEK Cyborg Rumble. Got it hooked up, drivers installed, and I can get it working in XPAD, cepst for the rumble and that center button'ala x360 controller (BTW why is that key not mapeable?), Is the rumble feature only exclusive to X360 trollers?

spen25

Re: Saitek Cyborg Rumble

Post by spen25 »

I figured out the No-Rumble Issue. New SAITEK drivers are at fault and required a regedit and now Xpadder works.
Click Start, type

regedit

into the program window at the bottom and then press Enter.

In the Registry Editor click the plus sign next to the following folders in order:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
Joystick
OEM

and delete any folders in there starting with VID_06A3.

Now unplug your controller, reinsert it and the forces should now work.

Chr1s
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Chr1s »

The reason the guide button isn't mappable is that Windows doesn't see the guide button as a normal button, it is reserved for special functions.

spen25

Post by spen25 »

Trying to map the triggers and can't get them to recognize being pressed at the same time. Only one trigger can be active at one time I've tried everything to no avail. Looking at the controller properties they are tied to the same axis. When I enable X-Mode button mapping, I loose the analog function I need. Works perfectly on my wires xbox360 gamepad, but I really like the feel of this one and would hate to junk it.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Having the triggers tied to the same axis is a limitation of DirectInput. The reason it works fine for a 360 gamepad is because 360 controllers use XInput. Its a new input by Microsoft that only 360 controllers to use. Sorry but there is no way that i know of to get around this.

spen25

Post by spen25 »

So does the gamepad have to be an official Microsoft 360 controller or can it be a 360 compatible like Madcatz etc to use Xinput? Man I sure did like this controller, but not having my triggers seperate really hurts for what I wanted it for.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Yes I believe third party 360 controllers do support Xinput. Well at least Mad Catz controllers do from a quick google search.

spen25

Post by spen25 »

Saitek's deceptive advertising. My Saitek Cyborg Rumble is PC only, my 360 won't recognize it and further research shows some sites advertise it as Xbox360 playable and others PC only. It's Direct Input compatible, but not Xinput.

Return to “Other questions”