Would Xpadder ever become availible on android?

Would an app on anroid similar to xpadder be a good idea?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

Doug

Would Xpadder ever become availible on android?

Post by Doug »

Android supports the use of xbox controllers already but not fully, triggers and D-pad are not recognized and there aren't any options to customize what the buttons do.
I realize xpadder itself cant really just be transferred over to the Android OS. But it be nice to have something similar to extend the functionality of controllers on android
:idea:

geezanansa

Re: Would Xpadder ever become availible on android?

Post by geezanansa »

I too asked a similar question about a year ago in these forums but i can not find that post. The nvidia shield console (set top box) is one great example of a working key mapper for controller use on android machines. Just about any android device with a micro/mini usb port will at least see the controller. A lot of pc titles that have been ported to android and optimised for touch still have the controller code in them so the game can natively see and use controller. There are already a good selection of key mapper and controller emulators as well as wiimote and other input related softwares that let folks use whatever input device they like on their android devices. wiimotes work surprisingly well on pc and mobile devices for gaming. https://play.google.com/store/apps/simi ... r&hl=en_GB

A version of xpadder for linux would be cool too.

One thing that might affect the appeal or demand for xpadder is the steam controller though both could prove useful for using steam controller out with the steam client.

Return to “Other questions”