Steam

Cornelious

Steam

Post by Cornelious »

I have Xpadder 5.3, Windows 7 64 bit and a Dualshock 3 PS3 Controller with MotionInJoy Drivers.

Windows already recognizes the control perfectly. By the way the best way for it to work is eliminating the motion control. My problem is with Steam specifically. I read and everybody said xpadder works with steam, but mine doesn't, some games in steam detect the control fine (portal, for example, doesn't need xpadder and the gamepad works great). But in Fallout 3, I cannot use the control. I tested just entering the Steam interface and xpadder does not work neither in Steam nor Fallout. Is there any guarantee that Steam will detect xpadder if I upgrade or should first get the version working then upgrade? The one I need it the most is for Fallout 3. I hate playing with the keyboard and mouse, it breaks my wrist.

shine

Re: Steam

Post by shine »

I'd like to know this as well - basically if I install this will I be able to get a 360 pad to sork with Steam games.

I'm using Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit + Steam. Cheers.

Chr1s
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Chr1s »

Steam games function (almost) the same way the non-steam versions do, so you'll need to test it on a game-by-game basis.

However, I've seen Fallout 3 profiles in the past and Fallout 3 actually has native Xbox 360 controller support. source

However, for games that do not have controller support, Xpadder will let you use your controller with them. The only exception is games that use anti-hacking software. Valve's VAC doesn't treat Xpadder as a hack and neither does Punkbuster, which Inifinity Ward used for Call of Duty 4.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

I think the problem you're suffering here, is that you need to elevate Xpadder's status in Windows Vista and Windows 7 to Administrator. With Xpadder fully shutdown (if it's in the task bar, close it by right clicking and exiting, or use the middle-button of your mouse to quick-close it), right click the original .exe file and under Xpadder's properties, elevate it to run as Administrator.

That solves about 90% of Xpadder related issues with games.

The other 10% is games that use anti-hack software (gameguard specifically)... this, we can't resolve, without petitioning the anti-hack software with (POLITE) requests to whitelist the Xpadder software.

Cornelious

Post by Cornelious »

That was exactly it. I ran xpadder as administrator and Steam also. Works like a charm. I think you should add this or make a better explanation and sticky it. Lots of people are using steam these days. Thanks guys.

Return to “Other questions”