Xpadder Taking Forever to Start

TheKrimsonKing

Xpadder Taking Forever to Start

Post by TheKrimsonKing »

I've been using xpadder for years and yes I even paid for it. Lately, when I start xpadder it takes an incredibly long time to start. This just started happening recently like within the last 3 weeks. The controller is not new and I've been using it fine. Xpadder used to start up immediately, now it takes about 3 minutes. It shows the ui without the controller and then says (not responding) and then finally itll "explode" open as if it were stuck in memory or something.
:( :cry: :x :evil:

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Xpadder Taking Forever to Start

Post by Jonathan »

Some tests:

1) Once Xpadder has finally appeared close Xpadder fully via the icon by the clock. Now start Xpadder again. Does it appear instantly or still take an age to load?

2) Try fully closing Xpadder (via the icon by the clock) if it is running. Now disconnect your controller and start Xpadder. Does the UI appear instantly with the "searching for controller" animation or is there a delay still?

3) If possible try with a different brand of controller (so that different drivers are being used). Does Xpadder still take forever to start?

TheKrimsonKing

Re: Xpadder Taking Forever to Start

Post by TheKrimsonKing »

Yeah It took forever to start up regardless of restarting xpadder. I ended up having to unplug my xbox controller, restart my computer, and then plug the controller back in and xpadder started instantly. I think the problem was windows forgetting a driver, who knows. Seems to be an ongoing issue with windows to "forget" stuff plugged into the usb ports even tho one has it set to not put the usb ports to sleep.
Thanx for your reply.

Return to “Other questions”