DooM3

trinappahallen

DooM3

Post by trinappahallen »

Hi I have the controller working in Quake II (with the advice of your help staff to run it as adminstrator).

I have created a new profile for DooM3 :twisted:

It doesn't seem to be working. I am launching DooM3 from Steam's application by the way.

Any advice how to get it work.

Thanks! :D

trinappahallen

Re: DooM3

Post by trinappahallen »

I use an XBOX 360 controller by the way - forgot to mention that. :mrgreen:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

You need to run Xpadder as administrator as well for steam games. That should do it.

trinappahallen

Post by trinappahallen »

Thanks.

I checked the shortcut Steam created and it was already set up to run as adminstrator. I'll see if I right click on it and run as adminstrator it makes it happen. I have been launching my games from Steam's application which I like. Is there any tweaks to make there that will address this for DooM3 and other furture games being launched there so they will launch as adminstrator?

thanks again.

trinappahallen

Post by trinappahallen »

I tried to run DooM3 with a right click on the shortcut as "run as adminstrator" and it still does not recognize the XBOX 360 controller.

It always forces the Steam application to launch it by the way.

In Steam there is a "Properties" tab/setting for each game if you right click on the game, however I only see a blank field to type in a command string and no drop down menu options.

Do you have any suggestions? Perhaps try to find the game install directory and circumvent Steam's forced launch from the shortcut?

Thank you.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

No actually its the opposite. Doom already runs as administrator, aka elevated privileges, so you need to do the same with Xpadder. Run Xpadder (not doom) to run as administrator. That should do the trick.

trinappahallen

Post by trinappahallen »

Yup that did it! It works great now. Thanks!!

This program is really valuable - how did anyone use their controller before xpadder was made?

Thanks again.

Return to “Other questions”