Can I do this?

PloXyZeRO

Can I do this?

Post by PloXyZeRO »

Can I make one of my controllers permanently press a key on my keyboard, until I press A?

For example, can I make my Xbox 360 controller "press" the spacebar until I press A. As long as I'm holding A, it will not "press" the spacebar. Like having an invert button. Is it possible to do this?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Can I do this?

Post by Jonathan »

Can you explain the situation you need to do this for?
There may be an easier way of creating a profile to do what you want.

PloXyZeRO

Post by PloXyZeRO »

I play a game called ROBLOX.

To move your cursor around, you just move your mouse. If you want to change the camera angle, you right-click on your mouse, and move it. While you're doing that the cursor stays still.

I want a button on my controller to always right-click until i press it. When I press it, it stops right clicking. When I stop pressing the button, it right clicks again.

Thanks for the help!

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Your second scenario is possible but I couldn't figure out the first. You won't be able to do it using a group assignment but you can by assigning the individual directions of the stick. Click on the up direction to bring up the assignment window and click on the advanced button. Now back in the assignment window click the up mouse movement and the right click icons. Close the window and reepeat with the right, left, and down directions for the stick. Now assign a button that will select set 2 while held. Then in set 2 recreate set 1 but just assign mouse movements without the right clicks.

Hope this makes sense.

PloXyZeRO

Post by PloXyZeRO »

SGTCableDog wrote:Your second scenario is possible but I couldn't figure out the first. You won't be able to do it using a group assignment but you can by assigning the individual directions of the stick. Click on the up direction to bring up the assignment window and click on the advanced button. Now back in the assignment window click the up mouse movement and the right click icons. Close the window and reepeat with the right, left, and down directions for the stick. Now assign a button that will select set 2 while held. Then in set 2 recreate set 1 but just assign mouse movements without the right clicks.

Hope this makes sense.
OOOOH, I didn't think of that....

Thanks!!

Return to “Other questions”