Does it runs as a win service?

dudeman

Does it runs as a win service?

Post by dudeman »

Does it runs as a win service. The reason i ask is because then i can use it even to log into my windows account (which doesn't require password). also will clicking any of the buttons on the gamepad will wake my computer from sleep. you can see the value in this because i use my pc as a media center which is connected to my big screen in the living room. and every now and then it will go to sleep. At that point i have to use the mouse to wake the computer up and log back in. It would be nice to use the gamepad instead.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Does it runs as a win service?

Post by Jonathan »

For a safe "installation" Xpadder is a regular windows program. Nothing is installed in the traditional sense nor is any service activated.

This does mean however that Xpadder cannot be used in login or admin prompts. I am aware of this issue and will fix it as soon as I can.

I was unaware that the wakeup function did not respond to Xpadder mouse emulation though?! To rule out local scenarios can anyone else confirm that this is the case with their systems?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

There are third party options to run any application as a service but the question would be if the controller drivers are loaded before user login. You can have Windows automatically login to a user account at boot up; Windows7(should work with Vista and XP), Vista, XP(easy method toward bottom).

I see Jonathan has already responded to the waking from sleep issue. I set my computer to sleep and was not able to wake from the controller. I have a wiresless 360 controller and when the computer is in sleep the controllers ring of lights indicate it is no longer connected. I don't know if there is a BIOS setting to keep USB ports live while sleep. The way I under stand Sleep mode is that memory is refreshed but the processor is basically not processing. It responds to a hardware interupt and wakes the processor. The OS and all programs are suspended therefore the controller drivers and Xpadder are unable to respond to controller movements.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

This makes sense. I will add Wake activation to my research list as it would be a nice feature to have.

Return to “Other questions”