Buttons pressed in Xpadder, but not in controller properties window!?

Snacko

Buttons pressed in Xpadder, but not in controller properties window!?

Post by Snacko »

I'm new to Xpadder and trying to edit a World of Tanks profile for my Logitech Rumblepad 2. Xpadder shows that the two joysticks are pressed, but they are not. They don't even show as pressed in the Windows 7 Game Controllers Properties window as you can see below. Also, I thought Xpadder was supposed to show other buttons as green when I press them on the controller? It doesn't at all..

Here on the left, you can see that all of my sticks are centered and not being pressed, and no buttons pressed. But on the right, in Xpadder I have buttons green being pressed. When I assign keys or mouse actions to these green buttons my mouse goes crazy on the desktop, or the keys are repeatedly pressed when I try to type in a browser or something.. So, Xpadder is pressing these controller buttons somehow.. I have tried everything that i can think of to fix this. My controller responds fine in the Windows Controllers Properties window.

Bobzombie

Re: Buttons pressed in Xpadder, but not in controller properties window!?

Post by Bobzombie »

Is there anyone who could please respond to this question? I have seen many people posting in the forum with similar questions. None of which have been answered. I have the exact same problem with my joystick. Controller tab 1 shows a grayed out direct input with no inputs, however within the deadzone function on the stick, the center is up and to the left. The arrows for left and up are lit green like being activated when no inputs are being used. I have tried everything and cannot fix this issue. It has completely disabled my arcade system. Please Jonathan or Primal could you please help me!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

In Xpadder, click the Settings wrench icon next to the stick that is showing green.
You will see the deadzone for the stick and the current stick position.
Some sticks require a larger deadzone than the default one so increase the deadzone until the buttons do not show green
The deadzone is only used for Xpadder to determine if the stick has been moved from centre - games will not respond to this deadzone

Bobzombie

Post by Bobzombie »

The center dot is all the way to the left and up. I have increased the deadzone to the max, it didn’t help. I cannot even move the center dot with the joystick as it is not even registering. There are no green bars on the input, they all show gray. If there was some way I could delete or inactivate the 1st tab I could get it to work. The 2nd and 3rd tab work perfectly. Thanks!

Bobzombie

Post by Bobzombie »

Ok, so a virtual controller might be my issue. I believe I have tried hiding it but whenever I select the 1st tab to create a layout it goes back to the virtual controller settings where the virtual joystick is continuously pressed up and to the left. Is there a way I can permanently delete the virtual controller layout? Or just delete all of the tabs so that I can start fresh?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

To remove the virtual controller tab you will need to restart Xpadder.
Right-click the Xpadder icon by the clock to completely close Xpadder
Start Xpadder again and the tabs will refresh

Bobzombie

Post by Bobzombie »

Could someone please tell me what Access violation at address 004AC9F1 in module ‘Xpadder.eye’. Read of address 00000009 would be? I’m sorry yo ask if it has been talked about before but I cannot find it. Thanks!

Bobzombie

Post by Bobzombie »

Jonathan, could you please help me with one more thing that I cannot figure out. When I am in the Rocketlauncher UI and I click on the edit controller profile, Xpadder does not come up. It flashes and nothing. It also does the same thing when I press the green lightning bolt to test the Xpadder keycodes. I am not able to see which Xpadder profile is launching for each system. I’m sorry to keep bothering you, but I fell like I’m getting really close to getting everything set up. Thank you for your time!

Bobzombie

Re: Buttons pressed in Xpadder, but not in controller properties window!?!!

Post by Bobzombie »

Sorry to keep bothering you Jonathan, but I have completely closed Xpadder and restarted but the first tab still comes up as my stuck controller. It shows as no direct inputs, they are all grey. It’s not showing any joysticks or buttons. Down on the 1st set is dark green not light green. When I try to use the 1st tab to set up my layout I click on the settings for the joystick. Xpadder will not detect my joysticks so when I set the x and y axis it shows both being pressed to the upper left. Also when I click the setting for stick 1 it shows the dot that is supposed to be in the center at the far left side of the dead zone. I have probably spent 30 hours trying to resolve this including deleting the exe. and ini. but it reloads the same every time. Could you please respond. If there is anyway for you to remote in to my computer so I could show you and you could fix it, I would gladly PayPal you.

Thank You for your time!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

1) Could someone please tell me what Access violation at address 004AC9F1

These errors are usually an issue with drivers and another device connected to Windows. Are you able to reproduce this error or is it random?

2) When I am in the Rocketlauncher UI and I click on the edit controller profile, Xpadder does not come up

Try searching this forum as there are a number of posts about that launcher

3) the first tab still comes up as my stuck controller.

Try removing all devices (except keyboard and mouse). Restart Xpadder. If the tab is still there click it. Click the Control Panel button to see what devices are found by Windows

Return to “Xpadder not working in Windows”