Controller connected it works but not over bluetooth Windows 11 New

Rick034197

Controller connected it works but not over bluetooth Windows 11 New

Post by Rick034197 »

Good day all! I have used Xpadder seamlessly for years and recent something has changed and i have tried to retrace steps to find out what it was. When PS5 controller is connected via USB all works correctly and it show in the Xpadder app all my key bindings. But when connected via Bluetooth it shows all my key bindings in the Xpadder app but nothing works. I can verify it is connected by bluetooth by holding the PS button and the share button down for a few seconds and a keyboard pops up on the screen so its communicating just not any of my bindings.
Any help would be great as i am confused. I have reinstalled windows and still the issue remains.

Rick034197

Re: Controller connected it works but not over bluetooth Windows 11 New

Post by Rick034197 »

This has something to do with the Steam controller stuff. Anyone know how to completely let xpadder be primary key binder?

Rick034197

Post by Rick034197 »

Is this a dead forum??

Rick034197

Post by Rick034197 »

Here is the fix incase someone else has the same issue

1. Close Steam (e.g. Steam > Exit).

2. Navigate to and open with Notepad: [STEAM INSTALLATION] / config / config.vdf

3. Do a search for: controller_blacklist

If it doesn't exist, go to the end of the file and before the last }, insert a new line then paste in:
"controller_blacklist" "54c/ce6"

If it does exist add the DualSense VID/PID to it:
"controller_blacklist" "54c/ce6"
(if it already contains a VID/PID, insert a comma and then the DS5 VID/PID e.g. "45e/2e0,54c/ce6")

4. Save and close

You can remove it from the blacklist manually (remember to quit Steam first) or via Steam's Controller Settings screen where you'll see the Unhide Devices button at the bottom, next to the Back button.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for the fix Rick

Return to “Xpadder not working in Windows”