Xpadder gets an A+++ from me!

Comments and ratings from buyers of Xpadder
17ad44f1

Xpadder gets an A+++ from me!

Post by 17ad44f1 »

Thank you Jonathan for saving the day! I haven't played video games for years. As such, I have been hesitant to spend the cash for an XBox, PS3, etc. Since I just bought a nice PC, I thought I'd give PC gaming a try. I picked up a copy of Call of Duty 4 and, knowing that I hated playing games with keyboards, I also picked up a Microsoft Xbox wireless game controller for the PC. I had asked the kid at Best Buy if it worked with all the PC games and he told me it did. I assumed it would come with software to program the buttons on any games unsupported out of the box. Well, it did NEITHER. I really couldn't believe it when I figured this out. I suppose games written by Microsoft include drivers for it or something, but I really couldn't tell you what it works with, if anything. I visited Microsoft to try to find drivers for it, but came up empty-handed. I then started browsing the web and came across a review for the controller which referenced Xpadder. After reading reviews and info. on your site I decided to give it a try. I downloaded your software and had it programmed and up and running within a few hours. It worked brilliantly! So much so, in fact, that I made it all the way through to the end of Call of Duty 4 in less than 2 days! The one downside to going this route was that there are more buttons available on the PC version of the game than there are on the controller, so I had to leave a few things on the keyboard, but that has nothing to do with your product.

I should mention that I am using the new Windows 7 Professional operating system on my PC and everything worked just fine.

I also noticed a number of folks having problems after they had paid with Paypal in getting to the software download, and that you had mentioned that Paypal should have returned them to your site. I paid with Paypal and there is actually a button that you have to push once you have paid that will return you to the site. I did this and everything worked fine. Perhaps you could leave a message to that effect in an appropriate location to avoid this problem for others in the future.

Anyway, keep up the good work!!! :P

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder gets an A+++ from me!

Post by YoJembo »

Maybe you know this by now, but by using one (or more) of the controller buttons as a modifier to another set so you can add those missing keys you mentioned.

Return to “User Reviews”