Error messages upon launching XPadder

Rob7937

Error messages upon launching XPadder

Post by Rob7937 »

Hi:

Just bought the latest Version and tried to launch/install. Getting 2 Error messages in the nice looking boxes, the 1st says:
Error
Function initialization failed
Library dinput8.dll
Function DirectInput8Create
Error Library missing
For assistance, please visit xpadder.com

And when I click on the OK button I get this 2nd one:
Error
DirectX incompatible
DirectX 8 or later is required. Please update DirectX.

LOL, this is on a brand new HP WIN 7 Home Prem box fully updated and patched. Has all of the DirectX and the current 11.

Searched on the Forums here and even tried an internet search, no help.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. I really dislike the Logitech 'Profiler' and this looks so much easier.
Thank you,
Bob

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Error messages upon launching XPadder

Post by SGTCableDog »

According to Microsofts DirectX help:
Check the version of DirectX that your application or game requires.

Some applications and games require DirectX 9. However, Windows 7 is installed with a more recent version of DirectX. If you install an application or game that requires DirectX 9, you might receive an error message, such as: "The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." The last two digits of the file name might vary. If you receive the same error message after reinstalling the application or game, go to the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer webpage and follow the instructions to install DirectX 9 and receive updates to DirectX 9 and previous versions of DirectX.
I have Win7 Home Prem also but never got this error. I installed Microsofts Flight SimX which includes DX9, I allowed it to install DX9 and suspect this is the reason I don't get this error. The newer DirectX Diagnostic tool no longer includes the files tab that would show if dinput8.dll is installed and properly registered.

Rob7937

Re: Error messages upon launching XPadder-Update Problem solved.

Post by Rob7937 »

Hi SGT:

Thank you Sir for your prompt reply. I did install the Dx9 just to be sure since I have very little know how re DirectXs. And yes, it installed several files; mostly looked like dx3XXs. (?) Xpadder still returned the same error msgs however.

I tripped across the Windows Club (thewindowsclub.com) and his description about Windows System File Checker and how it will repair corrupted and/or 'missing' files caught my eye. And I am happy to report that sfc/scannow fixed my System and allowed Xpadder to launch successfully! Much easier, quicker and without the hassle of a System Restore. The Windows Club also offers a free utility program called FixWin that will launch the sfc for you.
Thanks again,
Bob

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I'm glad you found the solution and shared.

Thanks.

bonfim-alex

Post by bonfim-alex »

I use W8 , 64 bits and the error is:crash and isn't able to create profile. (v2013 06.07 N) :geek:

sofarsohappy

Post by sofarsohappy »

Hi can somebody help xpadder is slowly driving me insane!!
so neverwinter online runs with administrator so xpadder needs to be run as administrator also.
But if i open xpadder as administrator it has the error message range check error.
without administrator it opens fine with my saved profile there on screen.
yet yesterday it worked fine opened as administrator??

once we get it working again is there a way to set xpadder to open as administrator everytime. or stop neverwinter opening as administrator.

any help much appreciated.

geraldfogg

Re: Error messages upon launching XPadder-Update Problem solved.

Post by geraldfogg »

sofarsohappy wrote:Hi can somebody help xpadder is slowly driving me insane!!
so neverwinter online runs with administrator so xpadder needs to be run as administrator also.
But if i open xpadder as administrator it has the error message range check error.
without administrator it opens fine with my saved profile there on screen.
yet yesterday it worked fine opened as administrator??

once we get it working again is there a way to set xpadder to open as administrator everytime. or stop neverwinter opening as administrator.

any help much appreciated.
Rob7937 wrote:Hi SGT:

Thank you Sir for your prompt reply. I did install the Dx9 just to be sure since I have very little know how re DirectXs. And yes, it installed several files; mostly looked like dx3XXs. (?) Xpadder still returned the same error msgs however.

I tripped across the Windows Club (thewindowsclub.com) and his description about Windows System File Checker and how it will repair corrupted and/or 'missing' files caught my eye. And I am happy to report that sfc/scannow fixed my System and allowed Xpadder to launch successfully! Much easier, quicker and without the hassle of a System Restore. The Windows Club also offers a free utility program called FixWin that will launch the sfc for you.
Thanks again,
Bob

Return to “Error message when starting Xpadder”