Unable to close xpadder when logitech wheel connected

waynieoaks

Unable to close xpadder when logitech wheel connected

Post by waynieoaks »

I have a real strange problem which I have managed to isolate to xpadder and Logitech G Hub (used for my Logitech devices).

If I connect my Logitech G29 wheel, I cannot close Xpadder. It will hang and I will have to go to task manager to end task.
I have tried various things including deleting the .ini file.

I eventuially found that if I have Logitech G Hub active (which is used for my wheel, keyboard, mouse, webcam etc) and have the wheel connected - that is when it will hang.

If I close Logitech G Hub before opening Xpadder everything will work fine. But with both open I cannot close Xpadder (so cannot save any settings or it will hang trying to close my PC).

Has anybody else found this? Or any way to prevent it?
I don't need the wheel in Xpadder - is there a way to prevent it from trying to add it?

Edit: I have also tried to uncheck the option to automatically detect new controllers - but this will still detect the wheel if G Hub is active and will still crash on exit.

Without G Hub I cannot use the wheel and without Xpadder I cannot use the other device which I am trying to use together.

Many thanks.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Unable to close xpadder when logitech wheel connected

Post by Jonathan »

Some things to try:
In Xpadder Settings > Options: Uncheck the box to process non-selected controllers
In Xpadder Settings > Controller: Select the wheel and click the Hide button

waynieoaks

Post by waynieoaks »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions - I have already tried them to no avail but do have an update. Anyone having ANY issues with their pc should get rid of GHub!

I have actually found that GHub from Logitech is causing several problems (not just with xpadder) and I have reluctantly uninstalled it.

GHub was:
- Preventing Xpadder from exiting properly
- Preventing GTA 5 from exiting properly (something I had before xpadder and was thinking was a game issue)
- Preventing Windows from shutting down sometimes (again, before Xpadder and I thought was due to Windows)
- Causing the wheel to crash some games sometimes
- Blue Yeti mic connection problems (again vanished with uninstall of GHub)

However I did find the wheel would not work without GHub - but found other forums with other issues suggested the old Logitech Gaming Software instead. With this I have no problems with Windows, games not closing down or crashing and NO problems with Xpadder.

The problem - clearly is GHub. It just means I cannot see battery levels or customize the keyboard keys - but it is not worth all the other issues by keeping Ghub installed.

Many thanks.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for the update

Return to “Error message while using Xpadder”