Exception error steps almost discovered...

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Exception error steps almost discovered...

Post by Jonathan »

We sometimes get those pesky "Exception in ActivityScanThread occurred" messages but they are so hard to reproduce that they never get solved.
I think I may have found how to make one occur but I can't quite figure the steps out... Avengers Assemble!

You'll need a controller with at least two buttons and at least one stick and a controller file ready for it.

It goes something like this:
- Open the layout editor
Now randomly do one of the following, sometimes do 2 things at once and keep repeating:
1 = With the mouse, click and hold one of the controller buttons in the image and drag it around (the Buttons tab at the bottom will auto-select)
2 = Press the button on the controller so they square you are dragging around turns green
3 = With the mouse, click the background image so the Image tab at the bottom is selected
4 = Move one of the sticks around
5 = With the mouse, click and hold a different controller button in the image and drag it around (the Buttons tab at the bottom will auto-select)
6 = Move the one of the other buttons so it overlaps the one you keep pressing

For this I used an Xbox 360 controller, moving the left stick with my thumb, clicking the LB button and move both that button and the A button in the image at different times.

Once I hit on the right combination I get "Exception in ActivityScanThread occurred", closing the window takes 10 seconds and another error message appears.
To get the error again I need to close the controller window anyway - if I don't I get an access violation message.

Originally I could do this over and over but now I've typed this I can't get it as easily :x

Can anyone else reproduce this? (I just tried it before posting and got the error instantly!)

EDIT:
May have made progress...
1) Press A button on controller and keep holding
2) Click and hold mouse on A button in image
3) Move A button around

After a few seconds I get an error... although now I'm not anymore :|

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Exception error steps almost discovered...

Post by Primal Fear »

I could cause this error message once by holding A and then moving X with the mouse over it. Apart from that, nothing.

Return to “Error message while using Xpadder”