DirectInput Error with Logitech Driving Force GT, G25 and G27

saguatostefano

DirectInput Error with Logitech Driving Force GT, G25 and G27

Post by saguatostefano »

This is what happens when i connect the device:

What do? I don't need xpadder to do anything with this device, but everytime i connect it, i get this annoying message!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Problem with Logitech dirving force gt

Post by Primal Fear »

Edit: Possible solution!
I have no idea why that problem occurs, but there are two possible ways to prevent it.
If Xpadder is still working after this error, open the Setting (the tool symbol in the upper right corner), select "Controllers", select there the entry for the Driving Force GT (that hopefully exists) and click on "Hide".

If that doesn't work you can only select "Options" and deactivate "Automatically detect new controllers" (last entry under "Running"). Now Xpadder won't search anymore automatically for controllers, that means that you have to click on the new button in the main window (the one with a magnifying glass) every time you connect a controller that you want to use. The Driving shouldn't be connected when doing this.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

Primal Fear wrote:I have no idea why that problem occurs, but there are two possible ways to prevent it.
If Xpadder is still working after this error, open the Setting (the tool symbol in the upper right corner), select "Controllers", select there the entry for the Driving Force GT (that hopefully exists) and click on "Hide".

If that doesn't work you can only select "Options" and deactivate "Automatically detect new controllers" (last entry under "Running"). Now Xpadder won't search anymore automatically for controllers, that means that you have to click on the new button in the main window (the one with a magnifying glass) every time you connect a controller that you want to use. The Driving shouldn't be connected when doing this.
I already tried to "hide" it, but it does nothing.

If i deactivate "Automatically detect new controllers" i solve this but a new problem arise because i usually switch 2 controllers (ps2 and xbox360) for different games/browser and i don't want to do it manually everytime, are you sure that there are no other solutions?

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

I want to believe that the Logitech profiler which you installed when you had installed the Logitech driver for your device is probably causing a conflict with Xpadder to not see your device while its working in the background.

My suggestion is to make sure and shut down the Logitech profiler software from the system tray next to the clock (Also open up Task Manager to see if its running in the background) and then start up Xpadder, that may solve your problem. Try that and you can give a feedback.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

It does nothing, i'm hiding notifications for now, but it would be better to find a solution... thx

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

Mmh.. now hiding notifications doesn't work, i still get the message :(

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

What do you mean with "hiding notification"? There is no setting in Xpadder to do that.
saguatostefano wrote:I already tried to "hide" it, but it does nothing.
If the wheel was connected, you need to restart Xpadder before you have any effect.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

Primal Fear wrote:What do you mean with "hiding notification"? There is no setting in Xpadder to do that.
I mean hiding notifications in the taskbar (win7).
saguatostefano wrote:I already tried to "hide" it, but it does nothing.
If the wheel was connected, you need to restart Xpadder before you have any effect.
I know.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

saguatostefano wrote:I mean hiding notifications in the taskbar (win7).
But this error message isn't a notification.

To verify that:
1. Under Controllers is an entry for the Driving Force GT, so you can hide
2. After restarting Xpadder, you can see under Controllers that the Driving Force GT is still hidden (behind the number of the "Order" column stand "(Hid", the "Hide" button is now called "UnHide" when the entry for the controller is connected)

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

Yes indeed... so any other solution?

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

It happens only if i have another gamepad enabled (device manager).

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It definitely wouldn't hurt to make DirectX diagnosis. Before doing that, you should connect every controller that you use (the PS2pad, Xbox360pad and the Driving Force GT). Then press "Windows Key+R", type dxdiag and press Enter.
Open the Tab "Input" and wait until the program is done with scanning. If any issues where found, you'll see that in the lower area.

Some questions:
What Windows do you use?
Do you use Motioninjoy as driver for the PS2pad, or a driver that came with the adapter for the PS2pad?
Do you use the same USB-port for the PS2pad and the Driving Force GT?

I suspect that the driver of the PS2pad could cause trouble for the Driving Force GT, using another USB-port should fix that problem.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

Problem solved thx

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

saguatostefano wrote:Problem solved thx
You could have least said what you did or if what Primal had suggested to you solved your problem. The reason is...if other people run into similar issues we'll know what you did or if what Primal told you had solved your problem.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

Yeh i know but: 1) i don't have perfect english 2) i'm lazy 3) i feel dumb because the solution was lol-easy, i just saved a xpadder profile (blank) for the g27!

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

omg it isn't solved... btw, i have a g27 now, not a dirving force gt, but the problem is the same.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It definitely wouldn't hurt to make DirectX diagnosis. Before doing that, you should connect every controller that you use (the PS2pad, Xbox360pad and the Driving Force GT G27). Then press "Windows Key+R", type dxdiag and press Enter.
Open the Tab "Input" and wait until the program is done with scanning. If any issues where found, you'll see that in the lower area.

Some questions:
What Windows do you use?
Do you use Motioninjoy as driver for the PS2pad, or a driver that came with the adapter for the PS2pad?

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

No issues found.

win 7 64bit
no and no

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

saguatostefano wrote: btw, i have a g27 now
Did you have it all the time, or did you just buy one and there is the same problem like with the Driving Force GT before?

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

I just buy one and there is the same problem like with the Driving Force GT before

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you use the latest version of Xpadder?
There was sometime a version of Xpadder where you couldn't connect a third controller without causing a bug.
I don't know if it was only a Nightly Build or even a Release Version.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

I use the latest version

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Connecting the PS2pad and the Xbox360pad works?
If one of the steering wheels is the first controller, you can connect the PS2 and Xbox360pad without any error message?

Do you use the Logitech Profiler in any way? If you don't need it anyways, then uninstall it. I would feel better if it is completely out of the way.

saguatostefano

Post by saguatostefano »

The only problem is the message, i have to clic "ok" everytime (actually sometime i don't get the message, but it seems to be random or very hard to find the reason).
The logitech profiler is necessary for the g27.

Maybe you could solve the problem in the next version of xpadder, just saying...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: DirectInput Error with Logitech Driving Force GT, G25 and G27

Post by Primal Fear »

I have now a Driving Force GT myself and I don't have this problem (or at least I didn't had it yet). But I have found potential reason for this problem.

When I connect my Driving Force GT, Xpadder will find first a device called "Driving Force GT" that disconnects directly after not even one second. This device is the driver that Windows installs on it's own. As it doesn't support support many functions of the wheel, I have installed the Logitech Profiler which also comes with a better driver directly from Logitech. After that the wheel is called "Logitech Driving Force GT", but as mentioned before the Microsoft driver will also be loaded for a split second.

Now for me the simple solution was to hide the "Driving Force GT" to only get rid of this completely useless red tab. But if you have never installed that Microsoft driver (by first starting the installation of the Logitech Profiler and connecting the wheel when the installer tells you), you won't have this other tab but you will probably have the problem that Windows starts a driver installation every time you connect the wheel that gets directly disrupted. An this could be the reason that is causing this error message in Xpadder.

To solve this problem you would need to uninstall both drivers over "Devices and Printers". Make sure that you tick "delete driver software" (or similar) and that you start with the lower one in the list. Then reconnect the the wheel and let install Windows the useless drivers. After that you should be able to reinstall the Logitech driver with the Profiler installer, however I don't know if this is possible while the profiler is still installed (although I would expect it). If not you need to uninstall and reinstall the profiler too and in the worst case you could cost all saved profile (although that would be really cheap from Logitech).

Return to “Error message while using Xpadder”