Prompt to delete xpadder as soon as it is minimized

stratton.clayton

Prompt to delete xpadder as soon as it is minimized

Post by stratton.clayton »

Just downloaded v2014.07.01 and ran it. Imported a known good profile for Xbox 360 pad for use in FF7 Steam. All these parameters were known good in previous versions. All seemed well, and just as I went to go start up the game and play, the last thing I did was minimize the Xpadder window to reduce clutter. As soon as I did, it started a persistent loop of windows asking me if I was sure if I wanted to move the executable to the recycle bin. As soon as I dismiss one window, another pops up, indefinitely until I finally either quit or force-stop Xpadder. As long as the Xpadder window is in focus, everything's fine, the moment it minimizes to system tray, OR focus is given to another window, my computer is getting a delete request that eternally refreshes. Running Win7 x64 Pro verified Genuine No viruses in latest scan, all Drivers and APIs are up to date. Please help!

stratton.clayton

Re: Prompt to delete xpadder as soon as it is minimized

Post by stratton.clayton »

Just as a heads up to anyone still reading this, if you get this error, you probably have one of your buttons in Xpadder assigned as always on. Not sure how this happens, but if a system command key (such as the "del" key) is assigned to an Xpadder input, and is left green in the Xpadder window, once Xpadder loses focus in windows (i.e. you click away from it), the system will interpret that input as always on.

How this happened in my instance is that I assigned the "del" key to a buttonpress ingame in FF7. The delete key is a default game command in FF7, so I mapped it to a controller button in Xpadder. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I managed to create a second FF7 profile and somehow made one input "always on", but that input ended up being the delete key. Once I found and deleted the second profile with the always on command, I haven't had an issue since.

I'm writing this because I figured this issue out just last week. If you look at my thread, it was posted sometime in 2014. for the last 2 years, Xpadder has been completely useless to me because the author of the software doesn't support his product.

Hoping I can save someone else the aggravation.

Return to “Error message while using Xpadder”