While-held glitch workaround:

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

While-held glitch workaround:

Post by Oke_Doke »

There's a problem with using multiple "while held" set selectors for temporarily switching to alternate sets. If there is more than one of these set selectors on the same set they can interupt each other. If we accidentally (and easily) press both at the same time and release one of them we're likely to end up "stuck" with the wrong set of controls when we've released both.
I've found a way that works for me. It was suggested in another thread that I paste an example profile in a new post .
This workaround can be used for 2 to 7 "alternate" sets.
Here is a set selector set-up with the workaround for 3 sets (1 base 2 alternate)

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=5.7
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button5Toggle=1
Set1Button5Turbo=1
Set1Button5TurboRate=2
Set1Button5SetSelect=1
Set1Button6Toggle=1
Set1Button6Turbo=1
Set1Button6TurboRate=2
Set1Button6SetSelect=2
Set2Button5Toggle=1
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
Set3Button6Toggle=1
Set3Button6SetSelect=0
Instead of "While-held", use "two-way" set selectors with turbo on the "base" set (set1 in this example)
Remember to never have turbo on the "returning button" on any of the alternate sets.

one minor issue remains:
If one mashes the set selectors faster than the turbo can repeat, sometimes the set selectors can land us on the wrong set when we release them. but thankfully, because its two way toggles just pressing the selectors again quickly straitens out the problem. This happens rarely and its resolves itself so quickly you may not even notice during normal play.

Hope that helps!

LinkD

Re: While-held glitch workaround:

Post by LinkD »

this works great, thanks!

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Post by YoJembo »

This is excellent.

I think this shows tho we need an Elite Help subforum in the Elite Zone {EZ} where members can discuss the finer points of Xpadder Profiling. I worry that this fine thread will be lost in this section.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I have now created a Profile subforum just for Elites to share exactly this kind of clever idea.

nospam

Post by nospam »

My main config (which I use to play Rift), has three sets, and I hit this problem occasionally.
When it happens, I always end up stuck in "set 3". So what I did is just assign one of the buttons
in set three to be a one-way switch back to set 1.

silentcontender

Post by silentcontender »

This was the only reason I was paying for a membership to Joystix Pro. Now that I don't get stuck on any of my alternate sets I can continue to use Xpadder. Thank you so much!

armypewe

Post by armypewe »

This has happened alot more recently I play GW2 I Don't understand what it means to use the Turbo in the base set

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Click on the respective button in the Set where you want to be when the button is not pressed to open the Assignment window for it. Then click in the Assignment window in the lower right corner on the button "Advanced...". Now in the Advanced Assignment window, select "Turbo" on the left side then activate "Enabled" and change the "Delay to 0.02s".

skudmissal

Post by skudmissal »

Oke_Doke wrote:Instead of "While-held", use "two-way" set selectors with turbo on the "base" set (set1 in this example)
Remember to never have turbo on the "returning button" on any of the alternate sets.

one minor issue remains:
If one mashes the set selectors faster than the turbo can repeat, sometimes the set selectors can land us on the wrong set when you release them. but thankfully, because its two way toggles just pressing the selectors again quickly straitens out the problem. This happens rarely and its resolves itself so quickly you may not even notice during normal play.

Hope that helps!
I did something very similar to nospam (below) except i assigned a one-way in each set to return to the first. assigning them to the same button on each set makes it super easy to remember and is very helpful on controllers with a usable home button such as the rock candy controllers.
nospam wrote:My main config (which I use to play Rift), has three sets, and I hit this problem occasionally.
When it happens, I always end up stuck in "set 3". So what I did is just assign one of the buttons
in set three to be a one-way switch back to set 1.

Wizhunter

Post by Wizhunter »

Hi
Just joined the Forum and have created my own profile for Guildwars 2..My Problem is with the triggers not doing their Job Like changing sets and undoing what i have done and making my R2 trigger lose its set..I know you have posted a profile to help the situation..but where do i paste it into

Many Thanks

Return to “Sets”