Set Selector - ONLY when 2 buttons are pressed at the same time?

sin.poland

Set Selector - ONLY when 2 buttons are pressed at the same time?

Post by sin.poland »

Hello,
I already bought Xpadder and I'm a long time user of it.

However, I really really miss few things to make it even better application (at least for my needs!)

I often play games that have default Xbox controller support, so to play those games, I don't really need Xpadder..
But some developers are so stupid and they let you use the controller ONLY while in-game! So when you press the start button it goes to pause menu - in order to move between menu you have to use your mouse or keyboard.. What a stupid solution, isn't it?

So I'd like to use Xpadder to change profiles for me, thru Set Selector but only when two buttons are held at the same time - for example BACK and START (combination that is rarely used in games), so when I press BACK and START the d-pad would start emulating keyboard arrows input. Do you get the idea? Tap BACK and START to disable it, so it doesn't interfere with in-game pad support.

Even better if Xpadder would be able to print a small popup window to the screen saying wich profile is active now, something similar to IM notifications:
BACK + START tapped first time - switch to Selector 2 (used for Windows managing - arrows, mouse input etc) and prints on screen Windows scheme
tapped second time - switch to Selector 3 to use with XBMC and print on screen XBMC..
I hope you get the idea.

What do you think?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Set Selector - ONLY when 2 buttons are pressed at the same time?

Post by Primal Fear »

That with switching the set was asked some days ago here.
It an be adapted for three Sets, the only problem is that you have to use five sets for it. So two sets to switch around. Alternatively you could use three different buttons, so there would have to be only one Set to switch around. That would bring also the benefit that you know in every way where you end up.
Just make sure configure the time value of the turbo in the Advanced Assignment window to 0.02.

Just for records: You do not change the profile that way, it is only the Set.
To change the profile depending on the program/game you currently use, you should have a look on the AutoProfile feature. You can configure this profile with the empty Set and the Set with the menu assignments as default profile, so it will be loaded when a program is in focus that has no AutoProfile entry.

mojoo

Post by mojoo »

I am looking for exactly this feature to swtich sets just by pressing more than one button at a time.
I dont understand the posted workaround/hack :(
Maybe i am lucky and there has been an update that makes this feature available in a more easy way?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

There is no update for that, you have to do it that way.
Have a look at this topic, where it is explained in more detail.

mojoo

Post by mojoo »

thank you for your fast answer.

Return to “Sets”