Toggle a button and switch to a set simultaneously?

M47R1X

Toggle a button and switch to a set simultaneously?

Post by M47R1X »

I have been working on a profile for Mass Effect 1 (360 pad) and have run into a bit of a snag that I was wondering someone might be able to help me out with. I want my Left Bumper to bring up and take down my Tactical HUD (I have it set to T) and at the same time I'd like it to switch to a set that places mouse movement on the left stick (and left mouse button to A, spacebar + enter to X, Q to B, and have the right stick also move the mouse but also have the right mouse button held to swing the camera). I am aware that at the moment there is no profile-wide toggle, which would help tremendously. I currently have the same thing without the toggle by holding the button down, but that gets tiresome after a while, plus the switch inside my left bumper is a wee bit spastic and doesn't always like to hold.

I have searched to no avail. Is it even possible? Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Toggle a button and switch to a set simultaneously?

Post by Primal Fear »

You could either switch the Set by tapping the button and go back after holding the button for a little bit longer or the other way (hold to switch and then tap to go back). With either way holding Space could be realized by a key tap time slot of 10 minutes instead with the toggle.
Another possibility would be to use a different button (like B) to switch back to Set1.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=
Set1Button5Name=tap to switch (1)
Set1Button5Toggle=1
Set1Button5Turbo=1
Set1Button5TurboRate=2
Set1Button5SetSelect=1
Set1Button6Name=hold to switch(2)
Set1Button6Toggle=1
Set1Button6Turbo=1
Set1Button6TurboRate=2
Set1Button6SetSelect=1
Set2Button2Name=switch back (3)
Set2Button2SetSelect=0
Set2Button5Name=hold to switch(1)
Set2Button5Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set2Button5Toggle=1
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
Set2Button6Name=tap to switch (2)
Set2Button6Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Space
Set2Button6Toggle=1
Set2Button6SetSelect=0
The first possibility has the benefit, that you can tap the button to stay in Set2 until you hold the button to return but that you can also hold it to return to Set1 directly after releasing the button.
The third possibility can also be combined with another one.

M47R1X

Post by M47R1X »

Alright, I've given them a try (I also gave autohotkey a shot), and I'm liking it so far. I'm currently using option 1 but I may switch to option 3 which I hadn't really considered. It may seem a bit contrite, but I prefer taps to holds (even 0.2s long ones :) ). Regardless, all three of these options are much smoother than holding down the button, which seems to be a bit erratic for some reason.

Speaking of, for refining my hold operation in the even I decide to switch back, should I apply that 0.02s second turbo to Space on Set 2? I can't recall off the top of my head if I did that or not, but whatever the case, the Set-2-while-held bit is rather... erratic.

Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You need to assign the turbo only in the source Set (usually Set1), in the destination Set it would only cause trouble.
The Set selection is something special that is explained here, which is the precondition for all this.

Return to “Sets”