How do I assign a double press binding?

AHPcameron

How do I assign a double press binding?

Post by AHPcameron »

Hi! I prey these forums are still active as I'm currently in need for some help :) Anyway I'm trying to wrap my head around on how to use Xpadder and for some reason I am struggling, but there's something I'd like to do in particular, Im currently getting back into Battlefield 3 on PC and would like to play with a controller, I have set everything up nicely in game so I can play except one thing, the sprint in the game is not toggle and I have to either hold the stick down or double press to make it toggle, so I tried using the toggle function for the L shift key in Xpadder but unfortunately it locks it so I have to press the key again to undo it, but I notice if I double click aka double press L shift, as soon as I take my thumb of stick and moving forward it disables my sprint like it should, so I was thinking can somebody help me make it so when I click once on the left stick it activates a double tap of the left shift which should initiate the sprint and then when I do take my thumb of the stick It should disable the sprint, so nothing fancy Id just like to make it when pressing the left stick its as if I double pressed Left Shift to initiate toggle sprint in BF3.

Thank you, kindest regards, Cameron. :)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: How do I assign a double press binding?

Post by Jonathan »

If you create an advanced assignment (link opens new tab) on the left thumbstick button containing 3 slots (a Left Shift Key, a pause of 0.10s then another Left Shift Key) this will double tap the left shift key when you click the left thumbstick.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Keyboard actions”