Game and program compatibility questions

Want to know if your Windows version, controller or game works with Xpadder before buying?
Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Game and program compatibility questions

Post by Jonathan »

Will Xpadder work with my game/program?
Xpadder works with 99.9% of games and programs.
The reason is that Xpadder does not actually communicate with the game/program at all!
Xpadder asks Windows to simulate the relevant keypresses and mouse actions.
The currently active game/program thinks it is a real keypress/mouse action!

What are the 0.1% of games/programs that Xpadder does not work with?

MAME v0.118 and higher
A new input method was introduced in MAME v0.118 which prevents the current version from working with Xpadder.
I have however provided detailed instructions here which allow you to re-add Xpadder support to newer versions of MAME.

Some online multiplayer games
Some online multiplayer games use protection that prevents external programs from interfering with them.
These block tools that help players to cheat. Unfortunately this protection also blocks Xpadder's simulated keypresses and mouse actions.
For more information and a list of known games see the AntiCheat topic
Online multiplayer flash and java browser games do not use these protection programs and will work with Xpadder.

My question is not here! Help?
You can email me here

Dark Archon

Re: Game and program compatibility questions

Post by Dark Archon »

I'd like to use your program to Assassin's Creed 2 with Xbox360 controller, because the game isn't recognize RT and LT buttons. I can define only one controller input in the game's setup, so I can't mix gamepad and keyboard. If I set keyboard to make Xpadder work, analog sticks will lose their main advantage, the analogity itself, aren't they?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

If you can only use controller or keyboard in the game then you will lose true analog input but gain trigger buttons. Xpadder can assign different key combinations based on the distance the stick is moved so you may be able to emulate analog movement this way.

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I recently purchased a logitech F310 gamepad, and I just want to make sure it will work with Xpadder in Battlefield Bad Company 2. The reason I post--The F310 has both XInput and DirectInput modes(a physical button on the gamepad switches between both modes). Logitech software allows me to set custom keyboard keys to the gamepad while the controller is in DirectInput mode. However, Bad Company 2 will not recognize any command from the gamepad if it is set in DirectInput mode. Therefore, will xpadder be able to work with my controller in XInput Mode?
Thanks for the help!
-Raph

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder can read XInput. It also has the option to ignore XInput and only read DirectInput. The bebefit of XInput is it allows the triggers to act as seperate axis' while DirectInput specifies a shared axis.

Return to “Reviews, Info and Questions before buying”