Axis Assignment

Schlaumy

Axis Assignment

Post by Schlaumy »

Hello!

Xpadder is a great tool, really, but it didn't help me with my "X2" problem:

This game is that stupid, that it thinks, the right X-axle is a throttle leaver and tilting of the ship can be steered with the Y-axle.

I wanted to reach with Xpadder at least, that the right X- and Y-axle are swapped in the game, I assigned it that way in Xpadder, but it had no effekt.

It is not possible to steer that game only with keyboard, so I have not been able to create a profile to simulate keyboard hits with Xpadder.

I would have needed, that Xpadder takes signal of my gamepad, swappes and changes the axes (maybe creating a throttle leaver increase/decrease by an axle up and down?) and puts that signal on a virtual gamepad, which I could select in the game.

Besides: Egosoft did the same failure at X3, but with the mouse control - making the ship turn by 360° needs moving the mouse from one side to the other and the again and again repeatendly.

Great tool - really - just add some features, and its perfect!

David
Austria

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Axis Assignment

Post by Jonathan »

Xpadder cannot alter axis - it can only read them and output key and mouse actions.

If you would like to discuss this problem in detail please register and post in the help forums

Return to “More questions”