Analog Stick Walk/Run?

Ripheus

Analog Stick Walk/Run?

Post by Ripheus »

Some time ago (back before that section of the forum was locked to non-buyers) I posted this:

http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=54

[Quote:]

Is it, (or will it be) possible to have Xpadder interpret a slight push and a full push on the analog stick as different commands? The best example I can think of are first-person games where W is walk forward and SHIFT+W is run forward. A gentle push forward on the stick would be w, and a full push would be SHIFT+W.

Can it be done?

(On the subject, this would also be great for supporting gentle vs. firm pushing of the X360 controller's analog trigger buttons.)
[Endquote.]

I see in 5.7 they have added
- Added DistanceZones so sticks and triggers can have different assignments based on distance

Can you describe in a little more detail how this operates? It appears to be exactly what I needed.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Analog Stick Walk/Run?

Post by SGTCableDog »

From Xpadders help:
Distance Zone
A Distance Zone assigns different assignments, combinations or sequences based on how far the gamepad stick or trigger is moved. To add a Distance Zone into the selected slot use the "Add Distance Zone" button. The Distance Zone distance added will be the value of the Distance created by the Distance buttons. All slots after the Distance Zone are only assigned when the Distance Zone distance is reached. The Distance Zone ends when the next Distance Zone, Hold Zone, Release Zone, Cycle Stop or empty slot is found.
For example, to perform the assignment of X if the gamepad stick is moved less than 50% and Y if the gamepad stick is moved 50% or more:

Slot 1: X
Slot 2: Distance Zone 50%
Slot 3: Y

Arugess

Post by Arugess »

Sold! Buying this software now. ^^

Arugess

Post by Arugess »

arrgh - why you guys only take paypal? ;___;

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Teleportation of currency is currently in an experimental state and highly regulated in some countries. ;) But PayPal is recognised and trusted by many. Any suggestions for other services is likely to be considered by Jonathan.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

SGTCableDog wrote:Teleportation of currency is currently in an experimental state and highly regulated in some countries. ;) But PayPal is recognised and trusted by many. Any suggestions for other services is likely to be considered by Jonathan.
theres always western union

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

FARSTRIDER wrote:theres always western union
The telegraph people?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

There are no plans to add further payment methods at the moment.
My usual suggestion is to ask a friend or family member to pay via PayPal on your behalf and then pay them back.

Return to “More questions”