Advanced

Avliden

Advanced

Post by Avliden »

Hey people,

Ive been looking for something like this for a bit. Ive been trying it out myself.

I am using it for a tablet setup basicly what I want it to do is (EXAMPLE)

When I press a defined controller button I want it to press CTRL+/ then when I release that button I want it to press CTRL+/ again. Is it possible? ive been trying for a while now. If it does this the way I need it too it will be worth it.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Advanced

Post by x79_animal »

i do not know of a way to do this with xpadder, however i wrote a little program which will do exactly this for you. but you cannot upload files here so ill have to send it thru msn or something....

x79_animal@hotmail.co.uk

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This is absolutely possible with Xpadder.
then when I release that button I want it to press CTRL+/ again.
It has Release Zones, to do that, in advanced assignments.

If you need help to assign this exactly, you can ask again in the help forum after buying Xpadder. But this should not mean, that you could not make it your own too. ;)

Avliden

Post by Avliden »

I simply want to see how it functions. I want to make sure it does what I want it too first before buying it, id probably have bought it anyhow but still. Id rather not buy it on the *chance* that someone could help me with it. For example, I don't go buy a game wanting it to be an RPG and get home and its a strategy. I check it out first, get a demo, read about it etc etc. So its no different here, I want to see it function.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This is the "Advanced Assignments" window. You can use the the "Hold Zone" there, to press keys after or within an specific Hold Time (you can select yourself in 0.01seconds-steps). And you can use the "Release Zone" to press keys after release of the gamepad button, after or within an specific time (you can select for sure too) 1x.

You can use the "Pause" to press keys one after another, we call that sequence.
The "Distance Zone" is for sticks to press different key depending on the deflection of the stick.
And the "Cycle Stop" is for pressing different keys depending on pressing first, second, maybe third time and so on.

I can assure you that it works what you want.

Avliden

Post by Avliden »

Thanks dude. Looks good. I'll give that and the file animal sent and see which suites best. But I'll get my hands on xpadder anyways either way it turns out.

Avliden

Post by Avliden »

Perfect, thanks heaps mate. Works exactly how I wanted and whats more its helped me understand the advanced functions. Sold.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

Return to “More questions”