Thinking about buying...

jiggle

Thinking about buying...

Post by jiggle »

Just a quick query in regards to xpadder.

The main use i intend on using it is to act as a mouse to open the game.

However, whilst the game is open, i want xpadder to "disable" so i can use the default game map keys without cross over.

i.e. Crysis uses the select button, but if the select button is mapped to "show desktop". If i am playing crysis, i dont want to bring up the map (select btn) and then all windows are minimised.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Thinking about buying...

Post by Jonathan »

Xpadder has an AutoProfile system that opens a profile based on the active infocus program. You could create an empty profile with no assignments and then configure Xpadder to open it when Crysis is detected. It can also open a default profile whenever nothing in the AutoProfile list is found (ie; your desktop).

djmasturbeat

Post by djmasturbeat »

just to clarify, it's called "autoprofile" because it automatically recognizes a profile from ones we have created in our folders, or that the game has profiles mapped out in-game? If the game does have gamepad support but we don't want to use default buttons, can we use xpadder to override the autoprofile, or does the remapping have to be done with game options? or can we do either/ or? if so, how would these things be set up from what i understand, there is more control from xpadder than in game, but sometimes i will want game defraults sometimes not. (sorry for so many loaded questions)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

"AutoProfile" means the profile is automatically loaded into when Xpadder detects the relevant program (you specify the program and its matching profile).

If the game does have gamepad support then you need to set an empty profile so Xpadder doesn't simulate any keys. If there are some features that you want to use Xpadder for and leave the rest to the game then you can create a partial profile with only the keys you want Xpadder to handle.

Return to “More questions”