key modifiers

majikninja

key modifiers

Post by majikninja »

is there a way to make the 1 2 3 4 keys into 5678 or 90-= with the press of a button

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: key modifiers

Post by mnl1121 »

what exactly do you mean? Xpadder allows you to assign keyboard keys to buttons on your gamepad. Not exactly sure why you need to make your number keys other number keys lol. Care to elaborate?

majikninja

Post by majikninja »

ok i am a former switchblade user and they allow u to mod what key u press for example x would be 1 and if i hold l1x becomes 5 and if i hold r1 it would be 9 i am using the controller for world of warcraft so im trying to make as best use of my controller as possable if that isnt possable i will have to go back to switchblade(i dont wanna plz help)

thanks

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Yes with the most recent stable release (version 5.6) hold zones have been added. This allows you to have x as 1 and then hold x as 5. Should be exactly what your looking for.

majikninja

Post by majikninja »

i also need 1 to (just a example) be the 9 key so i guess what im gettin at is i need to map 3 keys to be 1 key thats the only way i know to put it ive tryed the way u say for the key and it activates the 1 and 5 key which is a bad thing for wowcraft im not sure if u follow my meaning since i cant really explain what i need well but thanks for all the help so far. my old set up i could hit the 1 button with the x button and if i held the L1 trigger it would be the 5 key and if i let it go it was 1 again or if i held R2 it was the 9 if theres a different way that xpadder does this i havent figured it out yet

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You can do this by using sets. You can assign L1 trigger to select set 2 while held, and R2 to select set 3 while held. Then make the appropriate assignments for the button in the alternate sets and you're good to go. If you need more detailed instructions please post in the help forum.

majikninja

Post by majikninja »

i think a light bulb just went off i get it thanks alot

Return to “More questions”