Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason (X360)

Post by Mobeeuz »

Here you go... Loved this game, very weird and Russian ;) Set for default controls, you may want to change mouse sensitivity in-game.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2010.11.30
Name=Cryostasis (X360)
Set1Button1Name=Jump
Set1Button1Slots=Space
Set1Button2Name=Crouch
Set1Button2Slots=Left Control
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button3Name=Reload
Set1Button3Slots=R
Set1Button5Name=Run
Set1Button5Slots=Left Shift
Set1Button6Name=Last Weapon
Set1Button6Slots=Q
Set1Button7Name=Quick Save
Set1Button7Slots=F5
Set1Button8Name=Menu
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button10Name=Light
Set1Button10Slots=F
Set1DPadRightName=Weapons -
Set1DPadRightSlots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1DPadLeftName=Weapons +
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=42
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=42
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=42
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=42
Set1TriggerLeftName=Aim/Use
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightName=Fire
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)

Shou

Re: [REQUEST] Cryostasis - XBOX360

Post by Shou »

Thanks very much! I edited a few of the buttons for my liking but works great.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: [REQUEST] Cryostasis - XBOX360

Post by Primal Fear »

I consider to buy this game, but have one question and don't want to watch too many gameplay videos that may destroy my interest in this game since I may too much of it or a crucial story part.

How much of this game is actually a shooter? Fighting doesn't count, only the use of firearms.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Cryostasis - XBOX360

Post by Mobeeuz »

Well, story is not a huge factor here. Not that there isn't a story, it's just really convoluted and hard to follow. If you speak Russian I would suggest playing it in it's native language because it HAS to make more sense then. There is more exploration than fighting, I would compare it to Bioshock. You begin using melee and gain better weapons before long but it's no CoD. The game is very atmospheric and creepy and I would play it on that merit alone, but your mileage may vary.

Check out the demo to see what you think, I'm not sure how up to date it is but if you are getting terrible frame rate, lower the Physx setting as it kills fps on even today's rigs. If you are still interested in the game let me know, I may have a spare key from an old video card lying around.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Thanks, I didn't knew about the demo. I was afraid it could be almost only shooter after looking on the other games of this publisher, but it seems to be well mixed up. I really like these extra effects like the thawing rooms and the build up of snow on the weapon outsides.
As for the performance, I have almost everything on maximum and I have decent frame rates between 30 and 40 frames. Only advanced PhysX and Anisotropic Filtering is disabled. There seem to be problems with AF and my AMD graphics cards in this game and the advanced PhysX effects of course doesn't work anyways for that reason.
I'm still interested in this game, but keep your spare key. I likely spend these 10€, as the developer will benefit from it (at least a bit).

BTW: This title music could be 17 years old and already used in Warcraft1. :lol:
Warcraft soundtrack: Show

mrdead

Post by mrdead »

I loved this game, crazy atmospheric. I played it in both russian (with english subtitles) and english. It's definitely better in russian. The whole things just feels better and I think the subtitles make more sense the english version.

Inkognitod

Post by Inkognitod »

@ MrDead

can you tell me where I can buy the russian version w/ eng subs?

Return to “Game Profiles”