Guild Wars (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
adrian_koronikov

Guild Wars (X360)

Post by adrian_koronikov »

This is the first one I've made, so bear with me, It could use some tweaking[of this I am certain]. As of now, it does allow for good use for the entire game. It's a tad difficult getting used to left clicking with the right bumper, and right clicking with the left bumper, but if anyone can submit some suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Holding the left trigger shifts to set two, allowing use of skills 5-8, also switches out the use of the dpad from bag sorting to weapon sets[considering switching those].

Any and all tips are greatly appreciated.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.09.24
Name=Guild Wars
Set1Button1Name=Skill 1
Set1Button1Slots=1
Set1Button2Name=Skill 2
Set1Button2Slots=2
Set1Button3Name=Skill 3
Set1Button3Slots=3
Set1Button4Name=Skill 4
Set1Button4Slots=4
Set1Button5Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Button6Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button7Name=Skills
Set1Button7Slots=K
Set1Button8Name=Inventory
Set1Button8Slots=I
Set1Button9Name=Interact
Set1Button9Slots=Space
Set1Button10Name=Target Closest
Set1Button10Slots=Back-Slash[UK] (US use #)
Set1DPadUpName=Bag 1
Set1DPadUpSlots=F5
Set1DPadRightName=Bag 3
Set1DPadRightSlots=F7
Set1DPadDownName=Bag 4
Set1DPadDownSlots=F8
Set1DPadLeftName=Bag 2
Set1DPadLeftSlots=F6
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=64
Set1TriggerLeftName=Hold for set 2
Set1TriggerLeftSetSelect=1
Set2Button1Name=Skill 5
Set2Button1Slots=5
Set2Button2Name=Skill 6
Set2Button2Slots=6
Set2Button3Name=Skill 7
Set2Button3Slots=7
Set2Button4Name=Skill 8
Set2Button4Slots=8
Set2Button5Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set2Button6Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button7Name=World Map
Set2Button7Slots=M
Set2Button8Name=Quest Log
Set2Button8Slots=L
Set2Button9Name=Interact
Set2Button9Slots=Space
Set2Button10Name=Target Closest
Set2Button10Slots=Back-Slash[UK] (US use #)
Set2DPadUpName=W. Set 1
Set2DPadUpSlots=F1
Set2DPadRightName=W. Set 3
Set2DPadRightSlots=F3
Set2DPadDownName=W. Set 4
Set2DPadDownSlots=F4
Set2DPadLeftName=W. Set 2
Set2DPadLeftSlots=F2
Set2Stick1UpSlots=W
Set2Stick1RightSlots=D
Set2Stick1DownSlots=S
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2TriggerLeftName=Hold for set 1
Set2TriggerLeftSetSelect=0

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Guild Wars Profile

Post by Oke_Doke »

Its a good start :) I started with a similar set up quite a while back, splitting up the skills 1-4 and 5-8 on two sets. My left and right clicks have always been left and right. It just makes more sense to me as a console gamer and a south paw.

I briefly experimented with putting both left click and right click on the right shoulder and trigger, that worked pretty well (as it felt more like holding a mouse), but by that time I already got used to clicking with my pointer fingers.

Its been evolving slowly i keep promising to share my profile but i'm never happy with it. Its getting close though.

For completing your controls up you could map all your targeting controls to a new set accessed from your right trigger. (See this Workaround to get the 3 sets to play nice with eachother.)

If your into healing and buff skills I recommend going into Guild Wars options (F11)control and mapping "Targeting: Party Member - Next" and Previous to some open keys on your keyboard and assign them in Xpadder.

I also recommend rebinding "show others"(alt) and "show targets"(control) to other open keys as i've experienced control+alt hotkey conflicts with windows. You can still Call your targets with the new show targets key.

Hmmn.. Ok heres the monster i've been wrestling with.
Text/Images: Show
+ I put all my my usual menus Bags, Equipment, Skills Attributes and Quest Log on the top action button. (emulating menu systems from oldschool squaresoft games)
+ i have show others and Right Click on toggles (stuff i hold down nearly all the time anyway, toggling the Right Click hides the mouse and makes the controls feel console like. )
+ i use tap/hold for similar functions:
* targeting Priority vs Calling a target,
* minimap vs world map,
* escaping vs Clear Target (target nothing)
+ directional pad for selecting targets
+ Hold the left trigger to prepare to Use a skill.
*each skill has a .10sec hold zone to make hitting the desired skill easier.
*Wepon selection button is experimental and i'm not having much fun with it, need practice maybe.
+ Swiches the Dpad to Ally targeting for healing & buffing without freaking out with the fatal MOASS "mouse-on-a-stick syndrome" syndrome.
The controls are still highly experimental and theres a few points i'm still not happy with.
1. I still fumble a little when healing & Buffing as the skills and targeting are on opposing sets.
2. switching weapon sets sucks, will try using the free triggers on set 2 & 3 for a what i hope to be a more intuitive way to switch weapons.

The code is from a Saitek P3200, and I have custom keys so i'm not sure how usefull this is to post.
Text/Images: Show

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.02.09
Name=GW_advanced controls
Set1StickDeadZones=77,94
Set2DPadMode=EightWay
Set1Button1Name=F9,I,K,L
Set1Button1Slots=F9,PAUSE 0.01s,I,PAUSE 0.01s,L,PAUSE 0.01s,K
Set1Button2Slots=Space
Set1Button3Name=escape/clear
Set1Button3Slots=Escape,O
Set1Button4Name=Priority/Call
Set1Button4Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Equals,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,T,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Button5Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button6Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Button6Toggle=1
Set1Button7Toggle=1
Set1Button7Turbo=1
Set1Button7TurboRate=2
Set1Button7SetSelect=1
Set1Button8Toggle=1
Set1Button8Turbo=1
Set1Button8TurboRate=2
Set1Button8SetSelect=2
Set1Button9Name=Show others
Set1Button9Slots=Minus,Equals
Set1Button9Toggle=1
Set1Button10Name=Mini/World
Set1Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,M,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,U,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Button11Name=Zoom
Set1Button11Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set1Button12Slots=Enter
Set1DPadUpName=Targ Closest
Set1DPadUpSlots=C
Set1DPadRightName=Next
Set1DPadRightSlots=Right Square Bracket
Set1DPadDownName=Item
Set1DPadDownSlots=Semi-Colon
Set1DPadLeftName=Previous
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Left Square Bracket
Set1DPadUpRightSlots=Right Square Bracket
Set1DPadUpLeftSlots=Left Square Bracket
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=75
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=75
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=75
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=75
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Arrow Up
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Arrow Right
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Arrow Down
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set1TriggerLeftName=BASE SET
Set2Button1Name=Cylce wepon left
Set2Button1Slots=Left Shift,Comma
Set2Button2Slots=Space
Set2Button3Slots=Escape
Set2Button4Name=Priority/Call
Set2Button4Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Left Control,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,T,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set2Button5Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button6Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set2Button7Toggle=1
Set2Button7SetSelect=0
Set2Button9Name=Show Others
Set2Button9Slots=Minus,Equals
Set2Button9Toggle=1
Set2Button10Name=Mini/World
Set2Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,M,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,U,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set2Button11Name=Zoom
Set2Button11Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set2Button12Slots=Enter
Set2DPadUpSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,2
Set2DPadRightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,4
Set2DPadDownSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,7
Set2DPadLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,5
Set2DPadUpRightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,3
Set2DPadDownRightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,8
Set2DPadDownLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,6
Set2DPadUpLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s,1
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick1UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick1RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick1DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Arrow Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Arrow Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Arrow Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2TriggerLeftName=SKILL SET
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=Left Shift
Set3Button1Name=Cycle wepon
Set3Button1Slots=Left Shift,Y
Set3Button2Slots=Space
Set3Button3Slots=Escape
Set3Button4Name=Priority/Call
Set3Button4Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Equals,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,T,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set3Button5Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set3Button6Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set3Button7Name=SET
Set3Button8Toggle=1
Set3Button8SetSelect=0
Set3Button9Name=Show Others
Set3Button9Slots=S
Set3Button9Toggle=1
Set3Button10Name=Mini/World
Set3Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,M,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,U,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set3Button11Name=Zoom
Set3Button11Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set3Button12Slots=Enter
Set3DPadUpName=Closest Ally
Set3DPadUpSlots=V
Set3DPadRightName=Next ally
Set3DPadRightSlots=Forward-Slash
Set3DPadDownName=SELF
Set3DPadDownSlots=F
Set3DPadLeftName=Previous Ally
Set3DPadLeftSlots=Dot
Set3Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set3Stick1UpMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set3Stick1RightMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set3Stick1DownMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set3Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2UpSlots=Arrow Up
Set3Stick2RightSlots=Arrow Right
Set3Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2DownSlots=Arrow Down
Set3Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2LeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set3Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set3TriggerLeftName=TARGET ALLY
This is just how i've tackled the problem of cramming MMO controls onto a little game pad.

adrian_koronikov

Looks like you're doing better than I am on this one. You've tackled a lot of the issues I was facing. I wasn't sure about working multiple sets[which I keep on 'While Held' for my personal taste]. I like the idea of toggling the right click, since it's something you're either holding or not for long stretches. I was thinking of setting the dpad to 8-way, as the 360 pad and official drivers are compatible to do output as an 8-way POV Hat. I'm also thinking of setting multiple profiles based upon primary class[W/M/R/El/Ms/Rt/P/A/D], since most people only use attributes and skills from their secondary as augments[W/N Minion Master? Yes please.], as opposed to truly intertwined character concept. What're your thoughts on that?

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Yea thats totally what I'm thinking of. I play N/? and am looking for some no fuss way of covering my basic builds. Problem is, i get screwed up a little if i have drastic control differences from one set to the next. This was my attempt to have it both ways. Though I suppose One plays only one build during a given session. So getting into one grove or another isn't that dangerous. I'm betting your a PVPer looking for some tight twitch control schemes? I'm just a lazy PVEer who likes to sit back and have a good slaughter fest.

EDIT: Oh and Xpadder can emulate 8-way on my plane old Dpad with no problems. got to love this app :D

adrian_koronikov

Nah. I'm PvE all the way. Haven't set foot in PvP since Smiting Monks got nerfed to the nine hells and back. I just figure efficiency in each profile slotted for each primary build would be useful. A quick rundown on the profile, and run around in a town or outpost to get the feel of your current control scheme is usually enough refresher for most.

What I'm really trying to set is a reliable base setup for that is compatible with any build[movement, general control].

I was thinking for monks, Having skills set on the eight way hat, have your team/self targets on ABXY, with target[closest{hostile}] on one joystick click, and target[next{hostile}] on the other joystick click.

Not sure whether the particular skill order would be necessary to tweak, say 1-4 on each cardinal, with 5-8 on diagonal, or do it so it's in straight order[1-3 top side[top-left, top, top-right], 4 on left, 5 on right, 6-8 on bottom side[down-left, down, down-right].

Edit: How about inventory management? Should I drop that from the control scheme and leave it on Key/Mou? I would like to keep weapon sets, especially for Warrior types and casters who use different combinations to boost different aspects in a pinch, on the controller.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

adrian_koronikov wrote: I was thinking for monks, Having skills set on the eight way hat, have your team/self targets on ABXY, with target[closest{hostile}] on one joystick click, and target[next{hostile}] on the other joystick click.
Intriguing, would make for a smart monk, this would be a while held set right? so you can still kite by just letting go and cranking the joysticks like mad. That one has potential :keen:
adrian_koronikov wrote: Not sure whether the particular skill order would be necessary to tweak, say 1-4 on each cardinal, with 5-8 on diagonal, or do it so it's in straight order[1-3 top side[top-left, top, top-right], 4 on left, 5 on right, 6-8 on bottom side[down-left, down, down-right].
You can see from my set 2 that i tried to arrange my skills to make spacial sense to match how i display my skill bar.
Image it sort of works if you look at it tilted :lol: .

As for weapon sets i still haven't found a solution i'm happy with. I hate blowing 4 buttons on such a simple task, yet its important enough for me to fuss over for the last month or so. :x

Next / Previous switching is good enough for me, just have to find a nice spot for it...

adrian_koronikov

Yeah, that's what I'm picturing for that one, a while held set. I was thinking of punching the 'F' key somewhere for follow target. Not sure how useful that could be though. Possibly counter productive., especially in PvP. Then again, I don't see many PvP'ers using this program for GW. Could be wrong.

With that on hold, how do you ponder a good setup for a Ranger? I was thinking a while held to hit the keyboard shortcuts for pet controls. I think that one needs some work.

Edit: I'm going to test a modded 8way control scheme for monk commands. That one has some potential, and I'd like to test it. Afterwards, I'll look into a good setup for Necro and Rangers. The Necro has so many possibilities, that it just screams "Dedicated control scheme plox?"

E^2: As for the Weapon sets... I think that's going to take some work. Once figured, it should definitely become part of the 'basic/standard control scheme'.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Well now that you mention pets, I was looking at my number pad wondering how best to bind controls to them for calling pet and hero commands. Its been on my mind for a while i just haven't had the will to sort it out methodically. Using special sets for each hero and pet maybe? :twisted:

adrian_koronikov

With special sets per hero/pet, I think we may have to ask jonathan to up the number of sets available in the paid product... :roll:

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

I think unlimited sets has been seriously proposed. but lets look at it this way.
NUM1-9 is like 3 skills per hero. unbind WASD for some more free keys for pet calls and find the last few remaining open keys for waypoint control. I think it might all fit on to one set. the limitation is actually the keyboard.

Imagine this, eventually Jonathan may ad mouse positioning so we can just hit a button to click on what ever we want on the screen.

EDIT: ofcourse that could be cruising into botting territory and you know how thats been in GW lately.

EDIT again, can GW message system parse those commands the same way it parses emotes? That would solve the key crowding problem.

Another EDIT: I'm "Harmless Trouble" lets meet up in world and test some sets some time.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I'm working on Sets in the new version. Set naming is now available in the development version download forum - increasing the number of sets may be closer than you think ;)

adrian_koronikov

Re: Guild Wars (X360)

Holy carp I've been gone a while. Within a few days of my last post I got a trucking job, and haven't been back since. Glad to see it's still around. Looks like I'll have to get back in the flow of things to continue modding this.

armypewe

Post by armypewe »

Any tips for converting to ps3?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Return to “Game Profiles”