10%
Worst tester profile ever
10%

Total votes: 10

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Tester Profile for Newbies & Novices

Post by Errol »

I've started to make a Tester Profile for those who just bought Xpadder and even for those who owns it and are not quite familiar with making Double Commands, Cycle Commands, While-held glitch workaround by Oke_Doke etc.

How To Use: Start Xpadder, then open up Notepad and click into it with your mouse. That way you'll immediately get Xpadder to emulate itself in Notepad. Then you can start pressing any of the Shoulder Buttons or similar depending on what type of gaming device you own. What I've done so far is use the Double Command to the Left Shoulder button and the Cycle Command to the Right Shoulder Button. You can open up the "Advanced Assignment window" and take a look at the layout of how each command is setup.

Please keep in mind these commands can be adjusted for your likeness and can be placed on any button of your gaming devices. I only chose those buttons randomly just to be an example. So the choice is still yours to pick from.
Mind you I will not be using any keys like; Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Tab, Caps Lock, Backspace, Spacebar, Arrow Keys and any Function keys like F1 etc. The reason I'm not using those keys its because you'll not see any display in Notepad and we want to see the display to understand what is taking place.

I myself being a new user of Xpadder and not seeing any helper or tester profile in the Forums, have decided to start with making one and helping others like myself. Just remember this is still being developed as I go along, so I'll keep this Tester Profile updated as I gain more experience. At the same time I'll be posting questions to the forum leaders and members from time to time for more technical information as I progress, so it will be easy for many of you out there and myself included. Anyone who wishes to contribute to this Tester Profile is more than welcome to it also and I'll really appreciate it. I also stand to be corrected if I make any mistake with any commands made.

Please feel free to try out this profile with any type controller using Oke_Doke's Profile Converter

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.06.24
Name= Tester Profile

[Set Settings]

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=To Set 2
Set1Button1Toggle=1
Set1Button1SetSelect=1
Set1Button2Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set1Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,B
Set1Button2SetSelect=1
Set1Button3Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set1Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,D
Set1Button3SetSelect=3
Set1Button5Name=Double Command
Set1Button5Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,K
Set1Button6Name=Cycle Command
Set1Button6Slots=X,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,CYCLE STOP,Y
Set1Button7Name=Hold 2
Set1Button7Toggle=1
Set1Button7Turbo=1
Set1Button7TurboRate=2
Set1Button7SetSelect=1
Set1Button8Name=Hold 3
Set1Button8Toggle=1
Set1Button8Turbo=1
Set1Button8TurboRate=2
Set1Button8SetSelect=2
Set1DPadUpName=3/4
Set1DPadUpSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,3,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,4
Set1DPadRightName=5/6
Set1DPadRightSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,5,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,6
Set1DPadDownName=7/8
Set1DPadDownSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,7,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,8
Set1DPadLeftName=1/2
Set1DPadLeftSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,1,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,2
Set1Stick1UpName=Walk/Move/Sprint
Set1Stick1UpSlots=4,W,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,W,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,4,W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=2
Set1Stick1DownSlots=1
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=3
Set1Stick2UpSlots=8
Set1Stick2RightSlots=6
Set1Stick2DownSlots=5
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=7
Set1TriggerLeftToggle=1
Set1TriggerLeftTurbo=1
Set1TriggerLeftTurboRate=2
Set1TriggerLeftSetSelect=1
Set2Button1Name=Back to Set 1
Set2Button1Toggle=1
Set2Button1SetSelect=0
Set2Button2Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set2Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C
Set2Button2SetSelect=2
Set2Button3Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set2Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A
Set2Button3SetSelect=0
Set2Button5Name=Hold/Release
Set2Button5Slots=O,PAUSE 0.01s,K,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,G,PAUSE 0.01s,O
Set2Button6Name=Hold/Release
Set2Button6Slots=5,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,2
Set2Button7Name=Back To 1
Set2Button7Toggle=1
Set2Button7SetSelect=0
Set2Stick1UpName=Move/Sprint
Set2Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 85%,8,W
Set2Stick1RightSlots=6
Set2Stick1DownSlots=5
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=7
Set2Stick2UpSlots=4
Set2Stick2RightSlots=2
Set2Stick2DownSlots=1
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=3
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set2TriggerLeftToggle=1
Set2TriggerLeftSetSelect=0
Set3Button2Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set3Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,D
Set3Button2SetSelect=3
Set3Button3Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set3Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,B
Set3Button3SetSelect=1
Set3Button8Name=Back To 1
Set3Button8Toggle=1
Set3Button8SetSelect=0
Set3Stick1UpName=Walk/Move
Set3Stick1UpSlots=Y,W,DISTANCE ZONE 35%,W
Set3Stick1RightSlots=B
Set3Stick1DownSlots=A
Set3Stick1LeftSlots=X
Set3Stick2UpName=Mouse Tester
Set3Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set3Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2RightName=Mouse Tester
Set3Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set3Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2DownName=Mouse Tester
Set3Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set3Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick2LeftName=Mouse Tester
Set3Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set3Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set4Button2Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set4Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A
Set4Button2SetSelect=0
Set4Button3Name=Increment/Decrement Sequence
Set4Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C
Set4Button3SetSelect=2
Set4Stick2UpName=Deadzones
Set4Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,DISTANCE ZONE 70%
Set4Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set4Stick2RightName=Deadzones
Set4Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,DISTANCE ZONE 70%
Set4Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set4Stick2DownName=Deadzones
Set4Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,DISTANCE ZONE 70%
Set4Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set4Stick2LeftName=Deadzones
Set4Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,DISTANCE ZONE 70%
Set4Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
This Tester Profile would not have been possible had it not been for the help of others who answered my question/s and pointed me in the right direction. So this is a token of my appreciation for helping me, by placing a credit to those who helped me directly and indirectly. The names will be added as time goes by with new info provided...
CREDIT GOES TO: Primal Fear; Oke_Doke; REBOOT and Kloreep
Last edited by Errol on 07 Oct 2012, 15:18, edited 28 times in total.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Tester Profile for Newbies & Novices

Post by Oke_Doke »

awesome :)

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

I have added more features to the Xpadder Tester profile and it has been updated.

lounsburys

Post by lounsburys »

Iam so lost.....have had it a couple months and cant get anything to work......i open xpadder, then notepad...click in notepad with mouse and nothing happens?......and what is a shoulder, double and cycle command?.....I want it for Iracing, i have a Logitech G27, Derek Spears Oval champ button box.......any help is appreciated

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You should start with the official manual. Especially, did you create your controller layout before pasting the profile?

This profile is intended to test it in notepead to see what a assignment does and to look how it was creatd. If you want to read more about Advanced Assignments, you should either have a look on the specific parts of the manual or for even more information on my tutorial.

snugjebus

Post by snugjebus »

lounsburys wrote:Iam so lost.....have had it a couple months and cant get anything to work......i open xpadder, then notepad...click in notepad with mouse and nothing happens?......and what is a shoulder, double and cycle command?.....I want it for Iracing, i have a Logitech G27, Derek Spears Oval champ button box.......any help is appreciated
I was in your position a few months ago. I was completely lost. Completely confused but really, its not so hard at all. Just start with configuring your controller to XPadder, it will detect your working buttons, ( A,B,Y,X for xbox, mine, a gigaware, are 2,3,4,1 ( same order as a,b,y,x ) ) It will also place little squares on the screen and you then drop and drag them right after you hit one and place it on the picture of the controller you have pasted in the window. Its pretty much the same from there. Also when you add joysticks, they show up as big circles, you have to click them to create the held down button. It will pop up like the others. A square. Just drop and drag it to the center of the joystick. Repeat with the second joystick. But really I am still lot on the multiple layout buttons on the bottom of the screen but the layouts I have made have worked perfect.
When you set a button to have more then one function, do that in the advanced tab at the bottom. Youll click that and see 3 buttons with some weird symbols. The first button, is to clear what you have, second is to add a function box, and 3rd is to delete a function box. If you want it so when you hold down A that it taps or holds another button like say i set spacebar for a which is usually jump/interact, id add 2 other buttons to the first. The first I set as space then the second id put as a hold which you can set how long you have to hold it for before it uses the second function, and the third well say Reload is R. In the last function button id put R. Youll see in the right side that it will pretty much say what exactly it will do when you set it like that.
It will say " Cycle1/1Hold Zone1/2 (if button down for 0.01>0.19s)Distance Zone(if button moved 1%+)Stage (1 element ) While Button is down hold: Space Hold Zone2/2 (if button down for 0.20s+) Distance Zone1/1 ( if button moved 1%+)Stage 1/1 (1 element ) While button is down hold: R No Release Zones.
That pretty much says if you hold the button for less then .20s its just going to function as spacebar. If you hold it for .20s+ it will hold down your reload button ( r ). Sure its confusing but youll get the hang of it.
The whole notepad thing however, you have to have keys assigned to the controller first. In games that dont have Gamepad support, youll put the buttons on the keyboard and mouse as buttons on the controller. So far most games ive played for the left joystick which is movement id click the little wrench to place a set, which would be the W,S,A,D set and it automatically puts them as the four buttons for the joystick. For the click, make sure you have the associated square in the center of the joystick squares. The joysticks will look just like the D-Pad placement, it looks like a cross one centered on top, one centered on the bottom one centered to the left one centered to the right and your click button should be in the center of them. If you need anymore help you can always refer to the guides on here if that doesnt help I can try to help you.

Return to “Game Profiles”