ARMA 3 (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
Specta3

ARMA 3 (X360)

Post by Specta3 »

Hi , all i made a profile for arma3 :D

You have to keep in mind Arma was never designed to be played with a game pad and its Impossible to do every thing you need to do with a game pad in this game .And that's why you wont ever get full controller support. But you can design a profile for your controller that suits you and your play style. I find it works fine for infantry and its great for flying and tanks etc .But you will never get the accuracy you get with a mouse.And YOU WILL ALWAYS need a keyboard and mouse by your side for your inventory and command system and map .

And you have to disable the xbox controller in the Arma menu as this programme simulates the keyboard and having the controller enabled will interfere with this .The hard thing about these programmes is finding the sweet spot with the dead aim , you can configure this in xpadder .Allot of the profile come down to your own personal preference and play style.

Any comments and ideas to improve it are always welcome :rightthumbup: I also made a guide on steam forums for Arma3 for this , so you can leave some feed back there and give xpadder some loving

UPDATED ON 29/03 , I have a new profile on steam guide for arma its a all in one set no switching .But you need to change a few in game bindings for it to work.

Will look at it again when the beta starts are planes and tanks get added.If any one wants the custom in game key bindings for the all in one set and has problems with the copy paste , let me know and i will post details of each key i changed in game to get it working

You need to set your arma controls to default as thats how the profile is mapped.Will update the profile as Arma updates
NOTE FOR BOTH SETS IF YOU DOUBLE TAP LEAN WHEN CROUCHED ARE STANDING IT WILL KEEP YOU IN THAT POSTION ,DOUBLE TAP AGAIN TO RETURN TO NORMAL STANCE
Note for best results with this set map the left stick in game menu for infantry movement , then you can control the speed of movement with the left stick like arma default

INFANTRY PRESS START TO SWITCH BETWEEN THE SETS
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576 ... 4DF793F81/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576 ... 39517691D/

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.31
Name=LAST ARMA3
Set1StickDeadZones=146,137
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=45,32
Set1TriggerDeadZones=46,28
Set1Stick1Mode=FourWay
Set2StickDeadZones=200,173
Set2StickDiagonalSizes=39,42
Set1Button1Name=SELECT\GEAR
Set1Button1Slots=Space,HOLD ZONE 1.31s,I
Set1Button2Name=1ST\3RDCAM
Set1Button2Slots=NumPad Enter
Set1Button3Name=RELOAD\NV
Set1Button3Slots=TAP TIME 0.01s,R,HOLD ZONE 0.51s,N
Set1Button4Name=FIRE MODE \BIN
Set1Button4Slots=TAP TIME 0.01s,F,HOLD ZONE 0.51s,B
Set1Button5Name=WALK\RUN\SPRINT
Set1Button5Slots=W,S,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Left Shift,CYCLE STOP
Set1Button6Name=GRENADE
Set1Button6Slots=G
Set1Button7Name=COMPASS\MAP
Set1Button7Slots=K,HOLD ZONE 0.61s,M
Set1Button8Name=TO SET 2
Set1Button8Toggle=1
Set1Button8SetSelect=1
Set1Button9Name=CROUCH\ALTSCOPE
Set1Button9Slots=X,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,NumPad /
Set1Button10Name=PRONE
Set1Button10Slots=Z
Set1DPadUpName=VAULT
Set1DPadUpSlots=V
Set1DPadRightName=LEAN\ROLL
Set1DPadRightSlots=E
Set1DPadDownName=MOUSE WHEEL 
Set1DPadDownSlots=Mouse Wheel Down,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Mouse Wheel Up
Set1DPadLeftName=LEAN\ROLL
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Q
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=36
Set1Stick2UpMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=73
Set1Stick2RightMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=36
Set1Stick2DownMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=73
Set1Stick2LeftMouseMode=Cursor
Set1TriggerLeftName=ZOOM/AIM
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightName=FIRE
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button1Name=SELECT
Set2Button1Slots=Space
Set2Button2Name=3RD/1STCAM
Set2Button2Slots=NumPad Enter
Set2Button3Name=TARGET\NV
Set2Button3Slots=Tab,HOLD ZONE 0.41s,N
Set2Button4Name=FIREMODE
Set2Button4Slots=F
Set2Button5Name=LEFT RUDDER
Set2Button5Slots=X
Set2Button6Name=RIGHT RUDDER
Set2Button6Slots=C
Set2Button7Name=MAP\COMPASS
Set2Button7Slots=K,HOLD ZONE 0.51s,M
Set2Button8Name=TO SET 1
Set2Button8Toggle=1
Set2Button8SetSelect=0
Set2Button9Name=ACEND
Set2Button9Slots=Q
Set2Button10Name=DECEND
Set2Button10Slots=Z
Set2DPadUpName=COUNTER MES
Set2DPadUpSlots=G
Set2DPadRightName=AUTO HOVER
Set2DPadRightSlots=Left Shift
Set2DPadDownName=MOUSEWHEEL
Set2DPadDownSlots=Mouse Wheel Down,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Mouse Wheel Up
Set2DPadLeftName=FREE LOOK
Set2DPadLeftSlots=NumPad *
Set2Stick1UpSlots=W
Set2Stick1RightSlots=D
Set2Stick1DownSlots=S
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=12
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=40
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=12
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=40
Set2TriggerLeftName=ZOOM/AIM
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set2TriggerRightName=FIRE
Set2TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Last edited by Specta3 on 29 Mar 2013, 15:41, edited 18 times in total.

JonnyReDHeD

Re: [New] ARMA 3 (X360)

Post by JonnyReDHeD »

I'm going to try out your arma 3 profile and report back. thanks for the time you put into it. any updates for the profile yet or edits as you've been playing. Am going for set1 because I want to try more infantry stances and night vision.

I have to admit I cannot usually use profiles that require changing key sets for when you jump into a vehicle, aircraft etc. With BF3 I found that using its own detection and then just build on that with Xpadder. Is there a way to use the ARMA3's own detection when entering, riding, flying, diving/swimming etc, and build on this using Xpadder?.

In the heat of battle I just cannot seem to remember how to switch key sets and find it too much to handle. I managed to get my own good BF3 profile worked out the kind help and support of PrimalFear and still use some bindings from BF3 game allowing it to detect and change key sets. Doing this in ARMA3 somehow would be a really good I think.

* can I ask is there a peak around corners and shoot/snipe?

JonnyReDHeD

Post by JonnyReDHeD »

-
Last edited by JonnyReDHeD on 21 Apr 2013, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Specta3

Post by Specta3 »

Hi Johny

I understand what your saying it can be complex and i am finding lots of bugs at the moment in Arma controls,I program a profile it works fine then i come back to it and it seems to have problems with going from crouch to prone .I am going to make another one and try to keep it as simple as possible .

Its very difficult to find the balance getting even the basic stuff on the pad with arma , You can over do it and it gets to complicated are two simple and your missing to many commands.I agree with what you say about the interface its always been bad .
Long ago on the BIS forum people were asking for better controller support for Arma3 did not get much feedback .Lets hope it imporoves in the beta

Have you tryed changing the profile to suit you needs ? .

But if you dont want to switch sets there may be a way around that , You could alter the default controls for flight in arma to match the first set so there would be no need to alter the set
I have some spare time at the moment so i will have a look at it and let you know how it goes .

JonnyReDHeD

Post by JonnyReDHeD »

I am finding all the stances difficult to get right and then inc 'vault and side step 'lean''. I'm totally useless at programming with Xpadder. So many stances, its going be tough to get them all smooth with the controller. With some luck the dev's (or single dev) get around to slowly finishing the controller support (inc rumble). As of yet no word from the dev's tho its early days.

I've not tried changing your profile yet no. Will try some edits when I get time.

Am going to keep getting into Arma now, so keep the good work., I check in here daily now and will help best I can.

* did I mention I've never played Arma. So am finding it a steep learning curve having only loaded it twice now. A friend gifted me the lite version but I'm going to go full retard and buy it on the strength of just 30mins play and watching some real mil sim clan videos on youtube.

Specta3

Post by Specta3 »

I made some progress with the profiles today , made some improvements , going to delete the profile on here and post my new ones
I managed to do what you mention regarding all keys on just one set .I done it by altering quite a few in game key bindings
You will need my in game key bindings for it to work, i pasted them on the steam guide it would to to long to paste here i think
Had to admit defeat with the stances on one stick just put them on both now .

I sent you a friend request on steam a few people i know play coop mission which is the best way to play in my opinion , random MP servers are just mayhem at the mo and to much lag :)

JonnyReDHeD

Post by JonnyReDHeD »

-
Last edited by JonnyReDHeD on 21 Apr 2013, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

syscrash

Post by syscrash »

Nice work, I''ll check it out. Love Arma games, thanks for doing this.

Specta3

Post by Specta3 »

thanks , i just made a new one will put it on xpadder tommmorow :)
And thanks to johhnyredhead for his input

p.fraternale

Post by p.fraternale »

Hi I have the last version of xpadder ( downloaded today ).
I try to apply this settings, but i recive this message: "Invalid controller data. The pasted controller data is not valid"

Can you help me?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have tried to paste the profile in the controller menu. Paste in the profile menu on the right side.

JonnyReDHeD

Post by JonnyReDHeD »

Hi Primal, how you doing.

Hipporider

Re: ARMA 3 (X360)

Post by Hipporider »

Any new updates on Arma 3 profile? AM i correct that there is no free look mode as in ALT/MOUSE for looking left right above below while running forward?

Return to “Game Profiles”