The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3 + Motioninjoy / Xbox 360)

Share and discuss profiles
newalhovd

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3 + Motioninjoy / Xbox 360)

Post by newalhovd »

This is my Xpadder profile for Skyrim. Although native support was nice, I've found my control scheme to be much more useful.

(I personally use a PS3 controller with motioninjoy and "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator mode", and recommend using one with this profile. However, this profile should work with any Xbox 360 controller and any other Xinput Controller. See http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3256, Xbox 360 > Compatible Controllers for a list of Xinput Controllers.)

In order to do be able to use this profile properly, you need to do two things first:
1. disable "360 Controller" in the pause menu (you'll find it under Settings > Gameplay).
2. set your Skyrim PC controls to default. (This profile was made with the default PC controls for Skyrim. If you have customized controls then some keys will not do what they list.)

This profile has two Sets. Set 1 is what you'll be using most of the time, as it is basically a tweaked version of the console controls for Skyrim. Set 2 gives you access to a lot of options and menus while holding down Triangle/Y.

Note that I'll be listing controls as PS3/Xbox360. Also note that anything that requires holding the button down in a set will appear in (parenthesis). For example, in order to jump you must hold down the button labeled "Accept (Jump)".

Here are the sets and what they do:

Set 1
Left Stick = move your character. Move it a little to walk and all the way to run. Press down the left stick to enter/exit Sneak mode.
Right Stick = look around. Press down the right stick to alternate between 1st person and 3rd person viewpoints.
R1/RT = Right Hand
R2/RB = Power/Shout
L1/LT = Left Hand
L2/LB = Sprint
Select/Back = Character Menu. Not usually needed due to some shortcuts in Set 2, but it's here if you want it.
Start = Journal
1 through 8 = quick select slots. Note that d-pad up, right, down, and left (1, 3, 5, and 7 respectively) can be used in menus for navigation. (Note that you cannot navigate the Favorites menu this way, due to you auto-assigning favorites as either 1 or 5. You can either use the Left Stick to navigate the favorites menu, or use the work-around in Set 2.)
X/A = press to accept, select, pick up an item, or use an item in a menu. Hold to Jump.
Triangle/Y = hold down to access Set 2.
Square/X = ready or sheathe your weapons/spells.
Circle/B = open/close the Favorites menu

Set 2
Note that this set is only accessed while the Triangle/Y button is held down.
While Triangle/Y is held down:
R1/RT = Quick Save
R2/RB = press to increase by a set amount. Hold to increase to the maximum amount available.
L1/LT = Quick Load
L2/LB = press to decrease by a set amount. Hold to decrease to the minimum amount available (which is usually 1).
D-pad up = Skills menu. This can also be used to go up in the favorites menu.*
D-pad down = Map. This can also be used to go down in the favorites menu.*
D-pad right = Inventory menu.*
D-pad left = Spells menu.*
Select/Back = Wait
Left Stick = forward to zoom-in your Point Of View, back to zoom-out your Point Of View. Press the left stick to Switch your walk/run movement (see Known Problems/Issues for more information).
Square/X = zoom in on an item you're looking at in your inventory. It can also be used to auto-run while outside of menus (but I don't really use it for that purpose).
Circle/B = System menu. It can also be used as Cancel, since hitting this button while a menu is up closes that menu.
X/A = take a screenshot through Steam. (Regular screenshots using Print Screen aren't possible through Xpadder, but this should be a usable alternative.)

*Holding Triangle/Y and using the D-pad allows navigation similar to using the D-pad regularly, but with an added bonus: it won't overwrite your quick-select buttons when used in the Favorites menu. Use this method if you want to use the D-pad, rather than the Left Stick, to navigate the Favorites menu.

Note that R2/RB and L2/LB have to deal with certain 'bars' that open up when dealing with a lot of items (such as those that appear when you Wait, Sleep, or are selling an item and you have a large quantity of that item).
For example, if you open the wait menu you are presented with a bar that represents the amount of time you can wait, with 1 hour being the minimum (on the left) and 24 hours being the maximum (on the right).

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.31
Name=Skyrim
Set1DPadMode=EightWay
Set1Button1Name=Accept (Jump)
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Enter,E,RELEASE ZONE 0.11s,HOLD ZONE 0.12s,Space
Set1Button2Name=Favorites
Set1Button2Slots=Q
Set1Button3Name=[un]Sheathe
Set1Button3Slots=R
Set1Button4Name=(Hold for Set 2)
Set1Button4SetSelect=1
Set1Button5Name=Sprint
Set1Button5Slots=Alt
Set1Button6Name=Power/Shout
Set1Button6Slots=Z
Set1Button7Name=Character
Set1Button7Slots=Tab
Set1Button8Name=Journal
Set1Button8Slots=J
Set1Button9Name=Sneak
Set1Button9Slots=Left Control
Set1Button10Name=POV
Set1Button10Slots=F
Set1DPadUpSlots=1,Arrow Up
Set1DPadRightSlots=3,Arrow Right
Set1DPadDownSlots=5,Arrow Down
Set1DPadLeftSlots=7,Arrow Left
Set1DPadUpRightSlots=2
Set1DPadDownRightSlots=4
Set1DPadDownLeftSlots=6
Set1DPadUpLeftSlots=8
Set1Stick1UpName=Move
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Left Shift,W,DISTANCE ZONE 65%,W
Set1Stick1RightName=Move 
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Left Shift,D,DISTANCE ZONE 65%,D
Set1Stick1DownName=Move
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Left Shift,S,DISTANCE ZONE 65%,S
Set1Stick1LeftName=Move
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Left Shift,A,DISTANCE ZONE 65%,A
Set1Stick2UpName=Look
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightName=Look
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownName=Look
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftName=Look
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1TriggerLeftName=Left Hand
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightName=Right Hand
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1TriggerRightRumbleStrengths=129,128
Set2Button1Name=Screenshot
Set2Button1Slots=F12
Set2Button2Name=System/Cancel
Set2Button2Slots=Escape
Set2Button3Name=Item Zoom-in
Set2Button3Slots=C
Set2Button4SetSelect=0
Set2Button5Name=Item amt v (1)
Set2Button5Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Page Down,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Home
Set2Button6Name=Item amt ^ (all)
Set2Button6Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Page Up,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,End
Set2Button7Name=Wait
Set2Button7Slots=T
Set2Button9Name=Switch
Set2Button9Slots=Caps Lock
Set2DPadUpName=Skills [^]
Set2DPadUpSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Up
Set2DPadRightName=Items [>]
Set2DPadRightSlots=I,Arrow Right
Set2DPadDownName=Map [v]
Set2DPadDownSlots=M,Arrow Down
Set2DPadLeftName=Spells [<]
Set2DPadLeftSlots=P,Arrow Left
Set2Stick1UpName=POV Zoom-in
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set2Stick1UpTurbo=1
Set2Stick1DownName=POV Zoom-out
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set2Stick1DownTurbo=1
Set2TriggerLeftName=Quick Load
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=F9
Set2TriggerRightName=Quick Save
Set2TriggerRightSlots=F5
Known Problems/Issues:
- for some strange reason, Skyrim will sometimes have Walk/Run reversed (pushing the analog stick all the way walks instead of runs; pushing the analog stick a little makes you run instead of walk). To fix this, hit the Switch key (hold triangle/Y and press the Left Stick) or hit Caps Lock on your keyboard.
- this profile is incapable of opening the console or taking a regular screenshot (the screenshot key in this profile is set to F12, which takes a screenshot through Steam). Use your regular keyboard for a few seconds if you really need to use one of these features. (Whenever I use the Console I use a keyboard, so I figured I didn't really need to put it in a set.)
- this profile has no Rumble of any kind. Until I can figure out how to delay Rumble and put it into sequences (which I don't think this version of Xpadder is capable of doing), this profile won't have any Rumble.

larrutnili

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3 + Motioninjoy / Xbox 360)

Post by larrutnili »

This is brilliant great effort

Return to “Game Profiles”