[New] Terraria (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
froggyfroggertn

[New] Terraria (X360)

Post by froggyfroggertn »

this profile should work for both ps3 or xbox 360 controlIers but I will explain the layout for ps3 controller. I bound the mouse to the wasd controls to spring so that your weapon will always point in the direction you are facing, solving the boss fight problem, but the right joystick will also control just the mouse if you need to manually select something. The left and right triggers will cycle through the menu, start will take you to the crafting menu. Jump is x, use is square, triangle will zoom the map, circle throws the item you are holding. right bumper opens doors(right mouse button), left bumper is grapple, dpad up is quick heal, dpad down is quick mana, dpad right is quick buff, dpad left is auto-select. clicking the left stick brings you to the full screen map and clicking the right stick brings up the mini-map.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2014.01.01
Name=Terraria
Set1Button1Slots=Space
Set1Button2Slots=T
Set1Button3Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button4Slots=NumPad +
Set1Button5Slots=E
Set1Button6Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Button7Slots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button9Slots=M
Set1Button10Slots=Tab
Set1DPadUpSlots=H
Set1DPadRightSlots=B
Set1DPadDownSlots=J
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Left Shift
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W,Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=60
Set1Stick1UpMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=56
Set1Stick1RightMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S,Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=60
Set1Stick1DownMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A,Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=56
Set1Stick1LeftMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Mouse Wheel Down

dschallerus

Re: [New] Terraria (X360)

Post by dschallerus »

I haven't found a profile for Magicite, but these two games are basically the same. The only problem i have is the cursor wandering when I move to far left or right without releasing the button. Is there a way to get usable input without the cursor actually moving or not moving much? Also with the Mouse Spring option the cursor stays where it was until I move it again. Can I set it to snap back when I release the D-Pad rather than the next time I use it?

froggyfroggertn

Re: [New] Terraria (X360)

Post by froggyfroggertn »

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to get usable input without moving the cursor. You can however tweak the spring settings by opening the wrench icon under the right stick and going to mouse settings. I find that it sometimes takes a bit of trial and error to get it just right for you but I hope this has been helpful.

Return to “Game Profiles”