Crysis/Crysis Warhead 360 Config

Share and discuss profiles
smi1ey

Crysis/Crysis Warhead 360 Config

Post by smi1ey »

Please note that this is NOT an Xpadder profile. Crysis doesn't allow this because of the way it handles the controller configuration. I'm posting this because I've seen several requests from people here and all over the web, and I've found the original Crysis/ Crysis Warhead Xbox 360 controller configuration nearly unplayable.

DOWNLOAD THE CONFIG FILES HERE

This control scheme was designed for those more familiar with Modern Warfare-type controls. It's not perfect, but it's close. I wasn't able to find a way to disable iron-sight toggling, and grenades remained at Y rather than the right bumper. It's too difficult to rapidly switch between suit power-ups unless it's set to the right bumper.

This configuration will work with both Crysis & Crysis: Warhead, for both standard installations and Steam installs. For other concerns, see the Notes section at the bottom.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Included Files

/Crysis/actionmaps.xml = customized Crysis button mapping configuration for your 360 controller.

/Crysis_WARHEAD/actionmaps.xml = customized Crysis: Warhead button mapping configuration for your 360 controller.

autoexec.cfg = game engine command to allow crouch toggling (not included by default).

Instructions
1. For XP/Vista/Windows 7
Navigate to \(My) Documents\My Games\Crysis(WARHEAD)\Profiles\YOURPROFILENAME\
NOTE: If you want, you can rename actionmaps.xml to actionmaps_original.xml to make a backup, but you can get a new copy by simply creating a new profile in the game.

2. Drag the actionmaps.xml file contained in either the Crysis or Crysis_WARHEAD folder (depending on which game you want to modify) into the \YOURPROFILENAME\ folder.
NOTE: The Crysis actionmaps.xml file will NOT work with Crysis WARHEAD, and vis versa. Make sure you copy from the correct game folder in the zip file.

3. Drag the autoexec.cfg file into the Crysis program folder. Depending on the version/install type, the program folder will be located on ONE of the following locations:

NON-Steam:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis_WARHEAD

Steam Install:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis_warhead

4. Launch the game!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Button Layout
Left Thumbstick: Movement (wasd)
Right Thumbstick: Aim (x/y mouse)
Right Trigger: Fire
Left Trigger: Ironsight Aim/Binocs & Scope Zoom
Right Bumper: Suit Menu
Left Bumper: Toggle Binocs
A: Jump
B: Melee
X: Reload/Use (pickup weapons and objects)
Y: Throw Grenade (Hold Y to switch grenade types)
D-pad Left: previous weapon
D-pad Right: next weapon
D-pad Up: Toggle Fire Mode
D-pad Down: Toggle Prone
Left Thumbstick Button: Hold to sprint
Right Thumbstick Button: Toggle crouch
Back: Night Vision
Start: Toggle Map
Xbox Button XML Tags
Below is a list of the Xbox Contoller buttons with their corresponding code names in the Crysis actionmaps.xml file, in case you want to get dangerous and edit the file yourself. However, keep in mind that this configuration took many many hours of trial and error and research to pull off.
Right trigger - xi_triggerr_btn
Left trigger - xi_triggerl_btn
Right bumper - xi_shoulderr
Left bumper - xi_shoulderl
D-pad right - xi_dpad_right
D-pad left - xi_dpad_left
D-pad up - xi_dpad_up
D-pad down - xi_dpad_down
Left thumbstick button - xi_thumbl
Right thumbstick button - xi_thumbr
A - xi_a
B - xi_b
X - xi_x
Y - xi_y
Back button - xi_back
Start button - xi_start
NOTES:
- If you go prone, then toggle to a crouch, you will have to press A to go back to standing. If you try to toggle out of crouch with the right thumbstick, it will toggle you back and forth between prone and crouching.
- No, there is not a way to turn off toggle for the ironesight/scope mode on the left trigger. I wish there was, but it would require editing the PAK files in the game which is way beyond most of us.
- Remember that you press left bumper to go into binoculars mode, but you zoom with the left trigger! Left trigger also zooms when you look through a sniper scope.

mmfn520

Re: Crysis/Crysis Warhead 360 Config

Post by mmfn520 »

ok so i have done what was instructed but when i try to sprint it crouches and what do i do with the other files in the crysis folder ie the profiles and the other folder?

smi1ey

Post by smi1ey »

Wow I just realized that someone replied here. For some reason I wasn't notified even though I'm subscribed to this post. Hopefully they got things figured out. I honestly am curious if these modded files still work with the current versions of the game!

madoldrevvo

Post by madoldrevvo »

Ok. I've messed around with this game a lot because the controls are kind of bad at first.
I spent many nights creating an xpadder profile using sets. It was a thing of beauty and the ONLY way to make Crysis work with a gamepad. I was using an Alienware pad, because Crysis doesn't recognize its existence. Kind of ironic because the game is about aliens. Or Koreans. Or something.
But it didn't work for one main reason. The sets and options for travelling between them will leave you stranded in a set with the wrong settings on the wrong side of the loop if you do a frantic bit of button mashing.
Also, there are no "one way doors" between sets so there is button wastage.
And Alienware make rubbish and the controller was awful to use for fps.

madoldrevvo

Post by madoldrevvo »

Back to the ancient original post :)
Good work with config files. One thing I disagree with though is the suit wheel toggle. If you use the right trigger like Crysis or Warhead (I forget which, one was left and one was right) then it makes cloaking and uncloaking with a sniper rifle harder than it needs to be. Or any gun. The sights shift unless you are really careful.
Personally, I gave up and learned to live with the controls. You get used to them and they make sense. I wouldn't change them at all unless...
-you could slow down the sights when firing, to get more accurate groupings
-as above, faster head cam with a slower gun cam
-auto target support maybe
-a way to use nanosuit hotkeys without all the double pressing and crouching stuff
-prone. I miss prone.

smi1ey

Post by smi1ey »

Thanks for the reply. Prone is one of the reasons I made the modifications! That and thumbstick crouch. Even though it's janky, it still works well enough. At this point it seems more PC games are providing at least a few options for control schemes, so hopefully I won't have to do anything like this in the future. Skyrim actually lets you map each individual button! Why ALL games don't do this, I'll never know.

gtagMindzEyz

Post by gtagMindzEyz »

I just downloaded Warhead from Origin. I was hoping some headway had been made in the troubleshooting for this game since last posted. I mapped out my Power A Mini Pro EX xbox360 controller only to end up at this thread. The 360 setup is locked (errrr don't know why). I was thinking of trying my Batarang PS3 Controller. Does anyone think it may fair better? If so, do I need to plug and dongle, or just plug in?

michel.blikman

Post by michel.blikman »

i fixed zoom toggle using xpadder. just edit the control config file to use a free key (I use 'p') for zoom toggle instead of the left trigger.
set only the left trigger in xpadder to press left mouse button and on release press p.

parabolee

Post by parabolee »

Good thinking dude! I went into the actionmaps and set zoom to p like this -

<action name="xi_zoom" onPress="1">
<key name="p"/>

Then I set the left trigger in Xpadder to the right mouse button and BOOM! Toggle zoom is gone! (just be sure to turn it off in the mouse menu in the game too!).

Great work guys!!

Return to “Game Profiles”